Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Anyone bought from madewell?

(11 Posts)
Maplessglobe Sat 03-Oct-15 19:50:45

I've bought from j crew before and found the shipping/returns process pretty painless.
Madewell seems more complex wrt paying for returns- anyone have any experience?
Thanks.

FrustratedFrugal Sat 03-Oct-15 20:17:59

I've only bought their stuff in the US and via NAP. What I have is excellent quality, so would recommend.

faustina Sat 03-Oct-15 20:29:10

I bought a bag from them when they started shipping to the UK last month. It took longer to arrive than JCrew normally does. Lovely quality as you'd expect. I wouldn't buy anything I wasn't sure of if they didn't have free returns though (had been stalking bag forever) - especially if the sizing is like JCrew where it can be unpredictable

Maplessglobe Sat 03-Oct-15 21:14:06

Thank you- I was thinking that's the sensible option, faustina - keen on thr zipped transport tote. The D'orsay flats are gorgeous but it's really not clear what return postage would cost from the website so don't think I'll risk it.
frustrated thank you- the NAP selection is so teensy though!

Nettletheelf Sun 04-Oct-15 09:01:12

They use a distressing amount of polyester!

Maplessglobe Sun 04-Oct-15 14:21:20

Do they, nettle? That's a shame. Hopefully not in bags and shoes!

faustina Sun 04-Oct-15 17:13:04

They sent me a code: HEYMADEWELL it's for 15% off anything

I have the plain tote and it's lovely!

Maplessglobe Mon 05-Oct-15 14:54:21

Ooh faustina that's dangerous... Thank you!

MyFriendsCallMeOh Mon 05-Oct-15 16:27:37

I live in the USA and have lots of their linen Tshirts which are lovely and dh bought me a leather tote bag for Xmas. It's good quality stuff.

Maplessglobe Tue 06-Oct-15 19:28:27

Thanks, oh - I'm going to go for it I think. Have found j crew customer service to be excellent so I'm hoping this will be comparable.

Cuttysarky Fri 06-Nov-15 21:36:20

Anyone know of any current madewell codes?? In love with their things! But pricey even in sale...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: