Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

sleeves for under tops and dresses

(14 Posts)
hellsbellsmelons Thu 01-Oct-15 14:21:48

There was a thread on here a while and there were tops you could get that go under dresses etc... that basically just cover your arms without the bulky bits of a full top underneath.
Anybody know what they are called?
I'm probably making no sense.
All my attempts at names on google come up with nothing.
Any links would be appreciated.

niminypiminy Thu 01-Oct-15 14:29:41

There used to be a company who made long sleeved but crop-top t shirts for this very purpose - but I've no idea what they were called or if they were still going.

Mary Portas used to do a much inferior thing called an armery but I don't think it's still in production.

niminypiminy Thu 01-Oct-15 14:30:48

this kind of thing might work.

pdxs Thu 01-Oct-15 14:43:04

uniqlo do some great ones - heat tech are thermal, but thin/thinner than normal t shirts and NOT see through

M&S also do good ones that are v similar, i like for wearing under dresses but they are normal length

sleepwhenidie Thu 01-Oct-15 14:45:00

I was going to recommend heattech tops too.

CMOTDibbler Thu 01-Oct-15 14:46:21

They are called Wingz. I have 5 pairs, and they are great to adding sleeves onto just about anything

PacificDogwod Thu 01-Oct-15 14:50:11

There also used to be Mary Portas' Armery, but I cannot find any online confused - are they sold out/discontinued/run away??

PacificDogwod Thu 01-Oct-15 14:51:21

Phew! Here's one - I was beginning to think I had imagined them...

hellsbellsmelons Thu 01-Oct-15 14:52:06

Thank you so much.
Gold star for all of you.
Off to buy some ready for the colder weather (and to hide the hideous bingo wings)

PacificDogwod Thu 01-Oct-15 14:53:09

Crap! Out of stock. I give up.

toughasnails Thu 01-Oct-15 21:38:56

Primark and M+S have them.

ridinghighinapril Thu 01-Oct-15 22:22:41

Never heard of these and I don't understand them confused
What sort of dresses would you wear them under and why??

ItGoesWithoutSaying Fri 02-Oct-15 08:51:44

Ah, that's interesting. Last weekend bough a couple of long sleeved crop tops from H&M for this purpose (about £6 a pop IIRC). Am unlikely to wear them as crop tops on their own - unless the bottom half is v. high waisted.

Have previously worn longer length skinny tops under dresses, etc, but find the long length can ride up and create unsightly lines under clothes.

Kag36 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:27:16

Very late I know but I have just found this site as i was looking for them myself
They look great, will order some and let you know

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: