help me look sophisticated !

(8 Posts)
thriftychicken Sun 27-Sep-15 19:00:07

as opposed to tacky or just all wrong !
i am going out to a party in December ,
I am wearing black trousers , gold shoes , black top. Do i look for a gold belt and a black bag or black belt and gold bag ?
trivial question i know but i am nearly always in jeans and this is an effort to me !
please advise me smile

LettuceLaughton Sun 27-Sep-15 19:10:00

Gold belt and black bag, I'd say. A black belt and gold and black bag would also be good though, just as long as the shoes and bag aren't awfully matchy.

Booking a blow dry (or up do) appointment for the day of the event will really, really help you look polished.

this is rather nice, if you like a small clutch.

thriftychicken Sun 27-Sep-15 19:19:34

oh thankyou , good idea !

Maugrim Sun 27-Sep-15 20:57:39

I personally would recommend against matching shoes with accessories, it can be quite a cliche. Do you have to match? I'd just stick with all black and the shoes being a feature. I hope you have a great night out.

southeastastra Sun 27-Sep-15 20:59:14

zara have a nice thin velvet scarf type thing that would probably look nice

here

thriftychicken Sun 27-Sep-15 22:26:44

i am always so tempted to match but i realise from reading s & B threads that its a bit of a no no ! confused

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 27-Sep-15 22:27:53

Don't match.

Also, it's September! And you might not feel like wearing black in three months.

thriftychicken Sun 27-Sep-15 22:53:35

i will refrain from matching ! grin
just trying to sort this in advance as i am already starting to feel overwhelmed with tons of stuff i need to do and buy before christmas .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now