Impossible Coat Task

(12 Posts)
divere Thu 24-Sep-15 09:46:17

Just to add to the endless coat threads, I have a huge ask for you S&B gurus.

I need your help to find a coat that is this style, preferably in petite, but in a warmer colour tone. So either cream, khaki green, beige, that kind of thing. I would quite like it to be lined but collar, buttons etc I don't mind so much. I just like how it flares at the waist. (Also don't want a mac - have one already and want something thicker/more structured)

Any help will be very gratefully received!

LoadsaBlusher Thu 24-Sep-15 09:59:15

Miss Selfridge Petite Coat?

LoadsaBlusher Thu 24-Sep-15 10:05:08

There's quite a lot of the ASOS skater type coats listed on EBay in other colours.
All Brand New , some from ASOS EBay shop.

divere Thu 24-Sep-15 15:03:19

Loads I'd seen that coat but only in black on the Debenhams website - so thank you! It's great although after adding it to my basket I'm wondering if it's too similar to my mac. (And I've also just seen the Asos coat you linked to on the other petite coats thread and kind of want that instead grin)

LoadsaBlusher Thu 24-Sep-15 16:02:19

Yeah I think the other coat could be dressed up or down more...
So many nice jackets and coats out there just now.grin
I think the Miss Selfridge one is definetely more of a work coat?

divere Thu 24-Sep-15 20:28:53

I work from home! So perhaps not for me. I'm struggling to pin point my style which is making choosing tricky. Kate Middleton always looks lovely in her coats and I'm trying to create more of a classic capsule wardrobe, but the reality is, I'm dressed casually 90% of the time, so a smart coat would either not get worn or just look a bit miss-match!

divere Thu 24-Sep-15 20:34:07

I'm really drawn to this Asos Petite coat, but I'm not sure why. I think it would look awful on me. Maybe I like the idea of a country-style colour jacket.

LoadsaBlusher Thu 24-Sep-15 20:38:12

I really like that green one.
I currently have four khaki coats in my wardrobe blush along with many others.
I think khaki is a good colour to dress up or down.
I would wear that coat with black biker skinnies and my black buckle River Island boots .

divere Thu 24-Sep-15 20:43:10

I think I could only get away with wearing it undone. I have a bit of a child-like figure and 'over-sized' stuff just makes me look like a 12 year old trying on her mum's clothes grin

I have a bit of a grungy style but I'm trying to calm it down and go more classic as I'm getting older (sob). So I'm wearing more brown Chelsea boots and skinnies, simple dresses and tights, baggy shirts and leggings etc.

LoadsaBlusher Thu 24-Sep-15 20:53:34

I know what you mean about getting more classic as you get older .
I have been trying to purchase grey / khaki/ black items then mix and match them all.
I " Jazz" it up with either a block colour lipstick like MAC Relentlessy Red or Ruby Woo, and my " night out " black outfit I would swap flat boots or pointy flats for black heels / block heel boots. And add a chunky necklace .

divere Thu 24-Sep-15 20:59:58

Yes to the lipstick. I used to wear much more 'out-there' outfits, and no make-up and messy hair, but I'm looking after myself a bit better now so I'm (trying!!) to go for a more understated beauty. So making face and hair look nice always, rather than emphasising my clothes to get focus off my face wink

divere Wed 30-Sep-15 11:12:32

I've managed to find a coat (finally!) but it's not petite. I'm 5ft4 so I can just about get away with it, but my body is very short which is why petite is normally all that works for me.

I've bought this one from H&M - it was actually only £59.99 in store. Feels really nice on. Let's just hope I keep it clean! unlikely

I've also ordered a khaki green one but I think I will probably send it back when it arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now