Talk

Advanced search

I've think finally cracked the slim fit/boyfriend (but not too baggy) jeans thing..

(5 Posts)
Laska5772 Wed 23-Sep-15 19:45:51

And for the first time in years .. I finally have some jeans that look good and are comfortable without being really baggy grin

I hate the way that skinny jeans cling to mycalves, and I hate the fact that 'straight' jeans just too big on the calf , And that boyfriend jeans are justs wrong on me.. (too baggy on bum and thigh, and hated the rips ). and I hate thewaythat my Dh looks good in jeans and i dont because mens jeans just seem to be so much better cut

So after several frustrating weeks looking for the new jeans I needed, my search has been solved by a lucky hanger miss-sizing accident in TKmaxx,.....

and ive now bought and love...

..Indigo denim Skinny jeans, but two sizes too big!! (and they are so great!)

I am a 12 but have bought a 16!! They fit like boyfriends but have nice slim leg and calf and are non-baggy / non-clingy / non-ripped on the leg..

Yes im wearing them a bit low.(but that allows for a turn up) . I think I might stick a dart in the waist to make it a bit smaller , but then maybe not , they are fine with a belt ..

I have tried Next relaxed skinnies before , they are ok , but these are definately better .. (and were only £14.99!)

Why didnt I think of this before?..

(now I only have to get over my ridiculous 'lable size' vanity issue.. its ok.. its just a lable isnt it? ..)

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 23-Sep-15 19:56:36

So is indigo the make or the colour? Sounds worth a try. I feel all exposed and just foolish in skinnies now (am 52), but can't seem to replicate the ideal pair of straights I had from Prinark a few years ago and expanded out of. Any 'straights' I've tried recently look more like bootlegs when they're on, and not in a good way.

Laska5772 Wed 23-Sep-15 20:04:57

shotgun they are these reduced now,I see, but of course with all jeans , you really need to try a few on .. (also of course with TK maxx , they could just be a case of silly sizing).

When i say im wearing them a bit 'low' they are 'fit on the waist' jeans' im just wearing thme, slightly below the waist . ( not the old 'builders bum' look grin - I'm in my 50s also..

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 23-Sep-15 21:38:33

Thanks - as you say, would need to try a few on, but sizing up is definitely worth a try. Would avoid that awful corset feeling as well.

cathyandclaire Thu 24-Sep-15 08:32:53

I do this, I wear Zara basic skinnies a size too big, roll them up at the bottom and they are like a slimmer type of boyfriend jean. Most flattering and comfortable jeans I've ever had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now