Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of these new style Uggs?

(21 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 21-Sep-15 11:17:43

They're called Abree:

www.zalando.co.uk/ugg-australia-abree-short-boots-ug111y002-o12.html?size=3.5

I was reading about them, they're supposed to be more streamlined and less clumpy.

WashPosh Tue 22-Sep-15 08:00:24

Quite nice.

i don't mind them. to be honest, until i actually got a pair of Uggs and realised for myself how comfortable and warm they are to wear, i disliked them. to my shame, i think it was because of the general reputation they had for being worn by women with a certain look and I am ashamed that i judged like that

Bunbaker Tue 22-Sep-15 08:06:55

They are still hideous IMO.

JeffsanArsehole Tue 22-Sep-15 08:10:13

They're lovely, I have no idea why anyone would be anti-ugg. There's so comfortable and providing you don't do bag lady/chav on the rest of your look folk look fine.

Shonajay Tue 22-Sep-15 08:41:56

They're quite nice. I've got black and brown kensingtons, the old style, with a leather finish and they're just so comfy and hard wearing. I got them so cheaply on the schuh returns section that has since closed, fifty and sixty pounds respectively.

They feel like slippers on.

Still fugly!

irrumabo Tue 22-Sep-15 08:51:34

just as ugly as ever

BumWad Tue 22-Sep-15 08:55:21

They look almost the same as the 'old style' uggs. They are ok.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 22-Sep-15 10:18:19

Fine for shoving on with jeans or leggings to nip to the corner shop, other than that, not really keen. I have some of the button Uggs that my mum gifted to me, and wear them as slippers - SO cosy.

OnlyLovers Tue 22-Sep-15 10:25:19

An Ugg is still an Ugg... They look the same as ever as far as I can tell!

polyhymnia Tue 22-Sep-15 10:44:20

Clumsy but OK but not as nice as the slightly bikerish UGG Grandle which are a similar price but look much better, IMO.

slipperyeel Tue 22-Sep-15 10:47:03

I have an 8 year old pair of uggs which are still in great condition. I have Reynauds syndrome & uggs mean I can actually drive my car on winter mornings. Love them!

PrimalLass Tue 22-Sep-15 10:55:34

I like them, but then I like most uggs. I'm just waiting for it to get cold enough to wear my new short leather uggs (among others, I have far too many).

NotTodaySatan Tue 22-Sep-15 11:16:12

They're incredibly ugly.

I will never understand why women who otherwise make an effort with their apparance are happy to clomp about in stumpy, deeply unflattering fabric wellies.

Usually with leggings. Eurgh.

PrimalLass Tue 22-Sep-15 11:35:47

Because they like them? I like the jeans, jumper, uggs look. I work from home and do the school run, I don't need to look glamorous.

squoosh Tue 22-Sep-15 11:43:24

They're ugly as hell and I dislike them very much. But I hate all of Uggs' output.

CherylTunt Tue 22-Sep-15 12:11:45

I never understand why women wear hideous pointy, pinchy high heels. I think they look both ugly and ridiculous. It is nice that we're not all the same, isn't it? On the other hand, I like the skinnies / sheepskin boots look (not Uggs cos they're silly money, but other makes).

PrimalLass Tue 22-Sep-15 12:54:54

Not at all keen on the white soles on the grey version.

Iamabuyingbootsaddict Tue 22-Sep-15 15:39:56

I like them as long as the back of the heel doesn't collapse ... Do the genuine ugh boots do that? They are quite pricey though but agree look nice and comfy (in a non frumpy way).

amarmai Tue 22-Sep-15 16:07:12

For the first time i bought a pair of Uggs. Python print on pony ? hair but feels like sheepskin inside?.Also has sparkle black soles. Wore them in the house for a day - soo comfy and warm. Took them back because every time i looked down at them i thought ugh. Also too $$. So i'll look for a pair of sheepskin lined boots that are warm and comfy and look good too. They were tempting but i have to maintain some standards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now