Leather leggings too £££; - alternative?

(14 Posts)
Coastingit Sun 20-Sep-15 19:04:07

I'd love a pair of leather leggings, they would just work so well for me but there's no way I can afford £300 upwards for a pair.

What is the best high st alternative? I am looking online and a bit scared of 'polyurethane'

I would wear with long sleeved tops / woolly jumpers and Ash virgins and either my Cos plain navy hooded wool coat or fur gilet.

I'm 35 and a size 8/10 if that makes any difference... wink

Acunningruse Sun 20-Sep-15 19:16:55

I have just bought a pair from Matalan, £12 so definitely 'pleather' not leather! I absolutely love them though, wore them to a swanky restaurant last night and had 3 compliments! I would advise sizing down, I am usually a 12 and bought the 10.

TheMightyMing Sun 20-Sep-15 21:22:17

I have three pairs of the next £28.00 ones from last year, they are brilliant. Worn them lots- in fact have just taken them off now!

verenti Sun 20-Sep-15 21:27:55

I have a pair of the Next leggings. They are very good.

BrendaandEddie Sun 20-Sep-15 21:36:20

ooh tell more about Next ones - v good reviews

verenti Sun 20-Sep-15 21:40:27

I am 5'8" and got the long. They are full length. Very nice as pleather both sides, not jersey at the back. The waist is slightly elasticated with a side zip and there are zips at the ankles. Good buy for £28!

Coastingit Sun 20-Sep-15 22:05:14

I've just clicked on the Next ones and they say they are polyurethane front and polyester back? Definitely want pleather both sides. Not sure if I have the right link? Also no zips on these ones ankles.

Does sizing down work for pleather? I have no idea what size I am in Next jeans.

Coastingit Sun 20-Sep-15 22:09:10

Oh now I've zoomed in and they do have zips. And pleather both sides contrary to description. They look good!

TheMightyMing Sun 20-Sep-15 22:11:17

I don't know as I got mine last year, but I might invest in yet another pair this year though. They was well on a quick 30 degree wash inside out , no ironing. Fairly true to size - I am 5 4 and but standard length. I have toyed with buying the Baukjen leather leggings at £300 plus but tbh I am more than happy with the next ones.

Knackeredknitter67 Sun 20-Sep-15 22:30:58

Don't they make your undercarriage and bum sweat?

amarmai Sun 20-Sep-15 23:54:52

I got a pair of pleather leggings for biking in the rain. Very happy with them-completely waterproof, look good and comfy to wear as they are 2 fabrics bonded- jersey knit inside so don't sweat. In fact just rang the changes by getting a pleated midi pleather skirt- again for biking in the rain .

DontKillMyVibe Mon 21-Sep-15 10:28:33

Are the next leggings true to size or do you need to size down to avoid bagging/stretching?

HoneyDragon Mon 21-Sep-15 10:36:58

I didn't get on with the Next ones and ended up with a pair from River Island, agree with sizing down though. Mine have been mistaken more than once for real leather so I guess they must look ok.

Notoedike Mon 21-Sep-15 12:32:52

I'd love a pair of navy pleather leggings - has anyone seen them around?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now