Talk

Advanced search

Jeans help please

(6 Posts)
sonata1 Sun 20-Sep-15 17:06:55

I have great difficulty finding jeans to fit. I am a mature woman just under 5ft , 8.7 stone, with a size 10 waist and size 12 hips with saddlebags and chunky calves. Sound wonderful don't I !!

The only jeans that sort of fit are Matalan slim in a 10 short and even they are too long. I can't wear skinny jeans as I look like a sausage trying to burst out of its skin. Most jeans fit on the hips but are too big on the waist.

I don't mind paying a reasonable amount. I did try Not your Daughter's Jeans but, although they were OK, I took them back as I couldn't justify paying so much.

I want stretchy, dark navy denim or black.

Can anyone recommend anything ?

mayum1 Sun 20-Sep-15 22:35:35

Dorothy Perkins Eden jeggings in Petite.

sonata1 Sun 20-Sep-15 23:04:14

Thanks Mayum1. I did go and try them but I can't remember why they weren't quite right for me.

mayum1 Sun 20-Sep-15 23:28:52

How about the Levis demi curve range?

I'm actually the opposite shape so I'm recommending the ones that didn't work for me. :P

Pupsiecola Sun 20-Sep-15 23:32:59

How about going to that jeans shop in London where they stock gazillions of brands/styles and have experts to advise on what would suit you best? Very pricey jeans I imagine but may be worth it if you find some that work for you?

Pupsiecola Sun 20-Sep-15 23:36:23

This isn't the one I was thinking of but same idea:-

www.weekendnotes.co.uk/best-place-to-buy-jeans-london/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now