Talk

Advanced search

Threading vs waxing for facial hair

(4 Posts)
fastdaytears Sat 19-Sep-15 19:08:57

Hello wise people.

Facial hair is getting me down. Been tested for pcos and that's all fine so it looks like I might be stuck with it. It's been bad for a few months now...not helped by a very unforgiving light in the loo at work which is making me obsess!

I can pluck the dark ones (and they are really dark blush) but what is best for the general fuzz? I have been a threading devotee before but I hate the spots that come up the next day. Is waxing better?

Thank you!

Kennington Sat 19-Sep-15 19:22:39

Itay not be anywhere near as bad as you think. Overhead spotlights are unforgiving for everyone. I would do the following on rotation until it gets thinner: lumea, then bleach re growth then threading.
Waxing rips off a little skin too whereas threading shouldn't.
After 3 months of lumea there won't be so much left anyway.
Bleaching isn't great but it is a good bridge between regrowth and your next threading session.

fastdaytears Sat 19-Sep-15 19:31:27

Ooh is Lumea good? I haven't spoken to anyone who's got one.

Thank you! Hopefully it's one of those things that I've lost perspective over! Between the hair and the spots I'm rapidly losing confidence.

RachelZoe Sat 19-Sep-15 19:37:46

Lumea is amazing. Would highly recommend, it works best on dark hair with light skin. It's 299 in argos at the moment I think, down from 450. Make sure you get the precision plus, the other models aren't suitable for the face. If you can afford proper laser then do so, but if not then the Lumea is excellent and worth saving up for/the expense.

Back to thread vs wax. I would go with wax over threading for general facial hair, it's over much quicker grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now