Talk

Advanced search

Sanctuary Hot Sugar Scrub Alternative

(5 Posts)
Sodder Tue 15-Sep-15 16:51:26

Bought this and loved the sugar part, the consistency and results just not the smell. It made me feel nauseous so is there a similar product out there which doesn't smell as awful?

Nettletheelf Tue 15-Sep-15 19:58:56

Garner bodytonic. It's fab and has a sugary consistency.

Flambola Tue 15-Sep-15 21:01:23

I love Soap and Glory Flake Away. You could buy a little travel size pot to test it out first.

MrsBertMacklin Tue 15-Sep-15 21:03:28

It's really really easy to make your own. I'm not normally one for homemade masks etc., but honestly, with scrubs it's easy to get the same consistency as a shop one, lots cheaper and like you, the reason I actually tried it was to customise the smell.

If you search for homemade sugar scrubs and hone in on Pinterest, there are instructions on there.

Doobigetta Tue 15-Sep-15 21:42:21

Just mix sugar (caster works best) and oil, and add fragrance/essential oils if you want to. Any kind of natural oil will be fine- sweet almond, apricot kernel, grapeseed, whatever. You might find olive oil a bit too heavy though. you can use mineral/baby oil, but it isn't good for your skin or the environment.

Make sure you rinse the bath properly afterwards though, it's bloody slippery stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now