Bloody baby hair!!!

(10 Posts)
Bellyrub1980 Sun 13-Sep-15 20:18:48

Have any new mums out there got a load of short hair growing through? Mine is really noticable around my entire hairline. If I wear my hair up it looks really messy with all the fluffy hair in a big halo around my head.

Any tips on how to tidy it up???

Luckystar1 Sun 13-Sep-15 20:22:08

Me!! Except DD is nearly 11 months. I have loads. DH thinks it's hilarious, I look like I have antenna. I am hoping someone will give some tips as I think I'm going to have to get some sort of a side fringe to conceal it.

StandoutMop Sun 13-Sep-15 20:26:20

3 babies, 3 lots of needing to grow out stupid baby hair fringe here. I have nothing to offer but sympathy and the suggestion you buy grips/ clips and go for either pulled back or sideways when long enough.

Pinkpiglet Sun 13-Sep-15 20:48:18

My baby is 18 months and my baby hair is now a bob length. It might look ok but the rest of my hair is much longer!
Unfortunately I have no help but you are not alone.

Luckystar1 Sun 13-Sep-15 20:53:40

Waaah, I just want my nice hair back. Especially as it has to be tied back all the time to stop DS pulling it out. I look horrible! I might rethink TTC for another while yet!

Bellyrub1980 Sun 13-Sep-15 21:30:05

Exactly!! My 10 month old is intent on ripping my hair out from the root but if I wear it up I look like, as my fiance kindly put it, I have a hairy neck!!

Will experiment with grips and see what happens. (Baby will probably eat/inhale one)

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 13-Sep-15 21:37:08

Lucky getting pregnant with mu second was the only thing that made my hair nice again! Unfortunately DD2 is now 9 weeks and it's starting to come out again ??

MidnightDinosaur Mon 14-Sep-15 02:11:43

My baby is 5 YEARS old tomorrow and I still have the short whispy bits around my forehead that look bloody ridiculous when I have my hair tied back.

I keep trying so many different things to disguise it, nothing works and it just won't grow.

Luckystar1 Mon 14-Sep-15 09:07:29

Grot not a good enough reason for me to get pregnant yet wink !! I mean seriously, who designed us? Knackered, hormonal and with crap hair!!

Dinosaur don't say that!!! I don't think I can stand 4 more years of this!!

mejon Mon 14-Sep-15 14:02:21

Dinosaur - you're not alone! Mine is 4.5 and I've still got very wispy bits around my hairline and temple. I'm beginning to wonder if it might be something else tbh - not sure what though - as it just doesn't seem to grow at all. I don't remember having at all with DC1 though - I wonder if it's to do with my age (47)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now