Talk

Advanced search

Stylish weddings rings for non ring wearing people

(11 Posts)
TwoInTheMourning Sun 13-Sep-15 17:17:46

DP and I have been together for 16 years and we will be getting married next month. It will be a low key registry office affair, not even sure who the witnesses will be as we don't know many people in the area and we have no family. There will be no guests and we will just go for a nice meal with our 2 children and whoever the witnesses end up being.

My DP has surprised me by saying he will wear a wedding band. It didn't even occur to me that we would have to exchange rings at the ceremony. Anyway. DP has never worn jewellery in his life and I wear very very little silver or leather jewellery.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of non tacky, classy, simple wedding rings, probably chunky for both of us and in silver or white gold.

Many many thanks

SwearyGodmother Sun 13-Sep-15 17:28:02

DH wears a tungsten carbide ring which is a darker gunmetal colour but uber shiny and seemingly impossible to scratch, which is useful as he's very clumsy. Loads of people online sell them for around £50. He has a very similar platinum band but lost so much weight he can't get it downsized further which we paid more than 10 times as much for. I wouldn't spend the same again.

I can't remember who we ordered from so can't link. Sorry.

Oh, and congratulations!

MsRinky Sun 13-Sep-15 17:42:02

Congratulations!

Our wedding rings are these (but in 9k white gold). They are beautiful and comfortable to wear.

www.dianaporter.co.uk/product.php/798/rbnp_18y

White gold is usually plated with rhodium to look like platinum, but these are just pale gold - between gold and silver in hue.

Dowser Sun 13-Sep-15 18:22:41

Lost my original post. I had my ring made . Harriet kelsall does lovely jewellery and was really impressed with clog au rings when I was in Wales last month

www.clogau.co.uk/jewellery/rings/gold.aspx

TheSpottedZebra Sun 13-Sep-15 18:26:28

Do you actually have to exchange rings though? Can you skip that bit?

TwoInTheMourning Sun 13-Sep-15 18:38:51

Thank you everyone for your answers. I'm in the middle of dinner but I'll look at your links later.

Zebra I haven't got a clue!!!! blush

RavioliOnToast Sun 13-Sep-15 20:41:07

I know its not really what you were after but I don't ever wear rings and get a lot of compliments on my wedding ring

This is it

Laska42 Sun 13-Sep-15 21:32:04

You dont have to have ring (s) at all , its just acustom and not part of the legal wedding ceremony, we didnt have them , ( more my choice than his) .

TwoInTheMourning Mon 14-Sep-15 21:58:56

Oh I don't know, I'm not feeling it.
Ravioli your ring is very very pretty.
I don't want diamonds though.
Maybe moonstone.
Or is that silly?

Laska42 Mon 14-Sep-15 22:05:47

Nina Bulley makes great rings, some friends of mine got her to design their rings

iamEarthymama Mon 14-Sep-15 22:21:19

When DW and I had our civil partnership we had these rings made with the outline of one of the places that is "ours".
Hannah Lamb
Cheesy I know!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now