Talk

Advanced search

Nice Suits

(7 Posts)
Usernamegone Sun 13-Sep-15 13:53:18

I have been promoted at work and although it is quite informal, there are times when I want/need to look smart and wear a suit. However, I have lost 2 stone and all my suits are too big or look too tired.

Just been out shopping and come away empty handed. In Next there was about 2 suits both of which looked old fashioned.

Does anyone know where I can by a nice sharp looking suit?

InternationalEspionage Sun 13-Sep-15 13:54:19

What's your budget?

AlfAlf Sun 13-Sep-15 14:42:06

Jigsaw if you want smart with long lasting quality. I've had a Jigsaw jacket for 9 years that still looks good.
Zara, cheaper, and a lot of their stuff only really suits the petite among us. Which rules me out.
Forever 21 for very cheap but up to date. They do lovely but bargain blouses.

Mimigolightly Sun 13-Sep-15 15:22:21

John Lewis has got some nice suits in their own range of clothes.

Usernamegone Sun 13-Sep-15 16:06:56

I did look in JL today and was v disappointed (maybe it is the wrong time of year).

I'm 5' 2" and a size 10. When I buy suits the leg tends to be too long (but this is easy to take up) but I have more difficultly with the arms being too long and the shoulders too wide.

Normally I would spend about £100 on a suit but was thinking of upping this to £200 if I could find something really nice.

ceeveebee Sun 13-Sep-15 16:08:48

Banana republic have nice lightweight wool suits and do petite too

PedantPending Sun 13-Sep-15 22:20:40

Austin Reed has an online sale on at the moment.
www.austinreed.com
I have just bought a blazer, skirt and trousers saving about 50%

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now