Talk

Advanced search

Styling product for unruly/wavy hair before using B-big-hair?

(7 Posts)
teacher1984 Sat 12-Sep-15 20:14:29

Can anyone help?

I need a styling product to smooth, tame and defrizz my unruly hair prior to blow drying and finishing with the babyliss big hair.

I prefer something not to heavy which washes out and doesn't cause build up. If it can make my hair feel shiny and swishy, even better!

Does such a product exist?

EasyFromNowOn Sat 12-Sep-15 21:41:12

I like the Philip Kingsley Straight Hair - this - it isn't cheap but I have had mine for about 9 months, I use it every other day and I reckon it'll last me to the end of the year. I use it just before my hair is completely dry, and it does get rid of a lot of the frizz. Washes out nicely too.
I use the heat protection spray too, but only because it came as a freebie with something else I ordered, either from feelunique or lookfantastic or whatever the other one is which sounds like that!

QVC sometimes have his stuff on offer too.

teacher1984 Sun 13-Sep-15 09:12:16

That looks interesting and with good reviews. Can I ask what shampoo/conditioner/treatments you're using?

EasyFromNowOn Sun 13-Sep-15 14:24:10

At the moment, Redken smoothlock, which is lovely, and smells like chocolate oranges, but only because there was a good discount on it. Before that I had the Philip Kingsley Moisturising Shampoo and conditioner, which was ok, but nothing special, and the conditioner bottle was hard to squeeze with wet hands (small but annoying point!)

I'm not organised enough to do treatments regularly - I have a bunch of sample size tubes of PK Elasticizer, I'm working through, the idea being I use it once a week, reality is more like once a month, but it does make my hair feel nice. Other than that, nothing really. I don't bleach it but do have high lift tint highlights to hide the grey. I don't colour at home anymore, either.

Knackeredknitter67 Sun 13-Sep-15 15:45:06

I just put coconut oil on before I wash, seems to do the trick

IJustLostTheGame Sun 13-Sep-15 15:52:09

Avon stuff with argon oil in it.
It tames my brillo pad hair like nothing else and it's cheap.

SirChenjin Sun 13-Sep-15 15:53:38

I use Frizz Ease stuff - less is more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now