Talk

Advanced search

Reliable website for genuine perfume

(14 Posts)
Iagreewithmrsdevere Sat 12-Sep-15 19:10:23

Hi, typing one handed so pls excuse spelling etc. my "signature" perfume is hard to find in physical shops so i'd like to order a stash online but it seems too cheap to be genuine on Amazon/eBay shops. I don't want it cheaply, and I do want it to be genuine, but it is such a random one I also wonder if anyone would bother to fake it. Cabotine de Gres Eau de Parfum spray, not stocked by Boots etc. are there any perfume sites which I can be sure are genuine?

roosterroo Sat 12-Sep-15 19:20:30

Give fragrance direct a try, I have used them - they also visit my work place and are genuine.

FrustratedFrugal Sat 12-Sep-15 19:23:54

Cabotine has never been expensive and appears to have drifted further downmarket, so I wouldn't be surprised if the prices are dimestore territory now. It is not expensive to manufacture most perfumes, so what you are seeing is probably not fake. Licence holders change, marketing costs are cut, formulas are made even cheaper. See this review here.

Iagreewithmrsdevere Sun 13-Sep-15 09:09:55

Thanks for suggestions, fragrance direct only have the edt, does anyone have any other sites they can recommend? Thanks

RuggerHug Sun 13-Sep-15 11:08:36

Strawberrynet.com might be worth a shot. Is all genuine products and has some brands I never would have heard of

MissBattleaxe Sun 13-Sep-15 11:15:33

I've often bought from Amazon and its always genuine, they're really strict about it. I've also never had problems with ebay. You can also try fragrancedirect and allbeauty, which is one of my favourites.

To be honest, Cabotine is usually under a tenner. If someone was going to sell fakes they would pick an expensive one.

MissBattleaxe Sun 13-Sep-15 11:16:20

Also- I don't think I've never seen the EDP for sale, only the edt. Have you bought some in the past?

MissBattleaxe Sun 13-Sep-15 11:17:24

Ah here it is www.allbeauty.com/perfume/9972-gres-cabotine-eau-de-parfum-spray-100ml

I can recommend allbeauty. I've ordered tons from then and its free postage over £15. Takes a week.

HeathrowExpress Sun 13-Sep-15 11:28:25

I also highly recommend all beauty.com.

ClaudiaNaughton Sun 13-Sep-15 12:59:58

Love Allbeauty but see free delivery now over £25.

Iagreewithmrsdevere Sun 13-Sep-15 16:14:19

Ooh miss battle axe you win thank you! I will be smelling like the early 90's again soon! Shame I won't look that young againwink

MissBattleaxe Sun 13-Sep-15 17:09:21

What? £25 for free delivery! Tut. Still one of the cheapest sites though. I can spend ages on the 0-£10/perfumes/ for her search box. Some really good bargains for me and for giftage purposes .

Iagreemrsdevere- you're welcome! happy to help. PS You have great taste- Cabotine is a fabulous green scent.

MissBattleaxe Sun 13-Sep-15 17:28:37

Try this link iscentyouaday.com/2013/01/03/cabotine-cuts-through-the-cold/

LovelyFriend Sun 13-Sep-15 17:41:04

I'm working my way through the entire collection from Artelier Cologne, Paris. THey are amazing - I like every one and love many.

they sell 24 x 2ml samples, beautifully packaged for about £15. go to their website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now