Talk

Advanced search

Foundation for dry skin?

(13 Posts)
VodkaValiumLattePlease Thu 10-Sep-15 16:31:32

Hi I'm looking for a foundation that doesn't stick to dry patches. Anyone with dry skin that loves their foundation? Thanks smile

BrendaandEddie Thu 10-Sep-15 16:31:51

chanel vitalumiere

Lottapianos Thu 10-Sep-15 16:36:53

Dry and dehydrated skin here and I love Rimmel Match Perfection. It's creamy, medium coverage, doesn't settle in lines and lasts well all day. And costs less than a tenner!

I read a review of it written by a make up artist who said that she couldn't tell the difference between it and the YSL Touche Eclat foundation

Wake Me Up by Rimmel is also excellent

VodkaValiumLattePlease Thu 10-Sep-15 21:25:27

Will try those out thank you!

Aroundamulberry Thu 10-Sep-15 22:24:48

Bobbi brown intensive skin serum

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Thu 10-Sep-15 22:29:38

I am currently loving Maybelline satin liquid. It is equally as good as the Clarins I was using and a much better colour match for me. It's fab.

Blueberrymuffint0p Fri 11-Sep-15 06:42:35

Bourjois healthy mix is lovely on dry skin.

applecharlotte Fri 11-Sep-15 07:00:11

I found using the benefit porefessional primer means any foundation goes on evenly. I use it under Est??e Lauder double wear foundation.

VodkaValiumLattePlease Fri 11-Sep-15 09:06:37

Healthy mix is okay but doesn't look lovely.

Unfortunately the benefit primer sticks to my dry patches too.

patterkiller Fri 11-Sep-15 09:10:36

The smash box hydrating primer and boots botanics bb cream work for me.

And I have very dry skin. I also use St Ives apricot exfoliater every couple of days to get rid of the flaky bits.

ShinesLikeGold Fri 11-Sep-15 10:15:38

Dry patches means your skin is dehydrated so it is sucking in the moisture from your foundation, leaving your foundation look flaky and patchy. Instead of spending £££ on a new foundation, treat the cause instead of the symptom - get something with hyaluronic acid in which will help your skin hold onto moisture, have a look at your moisturisers and make sure they are for dehydrated skin smile

Millionprammiles Fri 11-Sep-15 10:37:15

Moisturise, cleanse and exfoliate in a way that protects and hydrates your skin. Try Eucerin products and don't use water to cleanse, example.

Then by a cheap foundation like boots no 7 essentially natural, better for my dry skin than lots if expensive brands I've tried.

Shines is right, its your skin care not your foundation necessarily.

VodkaValiumLattePlease Fri 11-Sep-15 12:15:05

I already have a skin care routine, which is helping, but thanks for the advice anyways.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now