Talk

Advanced search

Setting powder foundation help

(5 Posts)
vanillabeauty Wed 09-Sep-15 19:54:00

Hey, just looking for setting powder/foundation recommendations. I have just changed from benefit hello flawless 02 wow (or something along those lines) it was powdery and didn't suit my colour at all! I also have the matching powder which I find cakes. I recently purchased

vanillabeauty Wed 09-Sep-15 19:58:43

..... (Sorry fat finger syndrome).
I recently purchased Rimmel anti fatigue foundation which I like but it goes oily half way through the day! I have used the benefit powder and about three other (fairly cheap) powders I have already, none help the mid day oil slick. I need foundation help (that doesn't break the bank) my skin is dehydrated with a tendency to spots (hormonal) and oily t-zone. I also need a concealer, that won't sit in my fine lines. Please someone help blush

vanillabeauty Thu 10-Sep-15 21:36:21

Just bumping, any help ????

Getuhda348 Thu 10-Sep-15 23:26:01

Hi I think by far the best for me is the stay matte one rimmel I think? Quite perfumed but I love the smell blush I found others like bare minerals settled into small lines on my forehead and dry patches on my skin. I was shocked at how good it was for under a fiver! Foundation I'm sorry to say nothing has come close to my holy grail that is estee lauder double wear. I've tried cheaper but I think it never works plus I end up using twice as much and then have to top up every few hours. This is full coverage though but saves me havingvto use concealer. A good Budget concealer is collection its under a fiver. It's doesn't last all day though. I quite like the benefit one tbh. I also love shy beam from benefit its only atm available in a gift set but i buy mine online seperate. Its amazing! Its concealer that doesnt sit in my undereye lines. A miracle for me. Have you tried any blotting paper for excess oil? Never needed them myself so can't recommend one though. Hope this helps.

Ridingthegravytrain Fri 11-Sep-15 14:08:28

I find the best powder is cornsilk original satin translucent powder (loose not pressed)

Can find it in some pharmacies and boots. About £8

I use no 17 concealer stick for years and it does the job

Smashbox pore minimising primer is fab for keeping the shine at bay but pricey at around £25 but lasts for ages (nearly a year for me)

The best foundation I've found for my combination oily skin is Clinique superbalanced. Once again not cheap at about £22 but you only need a small amount and it lasts ages too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now