Talk

Advanced search

Good quality polo neck jumpers?

(10 Posts)
curriegirl Thu 03-Sep-15 13:29:41

Where from? Marks and spencer and next are very flimsy so the neck bit doesn't say up if you see what I mean. Want something nice and cosy with a good knit that won't lose its shape within a couple of hours.

Millymollymama Thu 03-Sep-15 13:33:40

Do you want wool? Or cotton? I think M and S are fine and I would check out Gap.

0x530x610x750x630x79 Thu 03-Sep-15 13:39:30

the ones from M&S are one atom thick, almost see through. You would defo see a white bra under a black one

Millymollymama Thu 03-Sep-15 13:44:45

Which ones? The wool ones? Which type of wool? The ones I saw looked OK. Wear a black bra?

TheSpottedZebra Thu 03-Sep-15 13:49:04

Have you considered Woolovers? You'd need some imagination to see past the dreadful nanna styling though... I read a recco on here for them and I have a few woollies from them, and they have all been excellent quality. But read their size info carefully if you do buy from them.

0x530x610x750x630x79 Thu 03-Sep-15 14:03:56

my husband wears them for work, he has to wear a t-shirt under the last batch as they have got so delicate.

The bra comment was just a demonstration of how thin they are, you shouldn't be able to see what you are wearing under a polo neck

Millymollymama Thu 03-Sep-15 14:08:37

Why not? You can buy georgeos geelong wool or merino wool that is deliberately light weight and a bit transparent. Just a bit. We do not all wear really thick wool pullovers to the office? The lighter ones can look great under a jacket. If you want a thicker one, go for cashmere. 4 ply.

curriegirl Thu 03-Sep-15 14:18:40

I thought the marks ones were very poor quality. Will look at wool lovers. Thanks.

curriegirl Thu 03-Sep-15 14:24:49

I don't want transparent ones either. Not appropriate for my work space.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Thu 03-Sep-15 14:31:40

I have just ordered a couple of 100% merino ones from Uniqlo, though they are more for layering. I expect the quality to be really good, for only £25 each. Not sure if they'd be cosy enough for what you want?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now