Talk

Advanced search

Anyone buy from the Uniqlo Ines range?

(19 Posts)
CherylTunt Thu 03-Sep-15 10:56:52

Launched last night. Quite a bit seems gone already. I nabbed one of the patterned wool jumpers, couldn't justify anything else unfortunately! Would have liked some of the shirts and the cord jackets too.

cardoon Thu 03-Sep-15 12:01:20

I got one of the fair isle jumpers too, by 11.05 the small size was OOS! shock

verenti Thu 03-Sep-15 12:02:21

I got the cream cable knit jumper. I was on at 10.55 and stuff was already sold out.

cardoon Thu 03-Sep-15 12:03:55

Wonder why they don't make a bit more of it if its so popular confused

CherylTunt Thu 03-Sep-15 12:21:17

I suppose they are trying for some sort of exclusivity to make people buy cardoon...agree it would be nice if there was more though. Glad I popped on last night though as really did want one of the jumpers, wasn't too bothered which one as all were nice. I'd have been v annoyed if I'd left it till this morning and found none left.

I liked that cable knit too verenti!

cardoon Thu 03-Sep-15 12:38:16

Yeah, I get that, glad I didn't wait til 6am as planned

What colour of fair isle did you go for?

CherylTunt Thu 03-Sep-15 12:56:41

Erm I think it was mostly grey...I liked them all and they were low stock so I just grabbed one and checked out blush. Was on Kindle so couldn't see them all that well!

[Grin]

You?

MsBojangles Thu 03-Sep-15 13:08:32

I ordered the Chester coat in the camely brown, have feeling it's going to be a bit floppy and flimsy so will probably end up going back.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 03-Sep-15 15:21:19

I ordered the corduroy blazer in green. No idea why really, at best I'm a bit of a jeans and fleece girl, but I loved the shape and I am trying to dress a little less 'about to climb Scafell pike', given that I live in a south coast townblush

shins Thu 03-Sep-15 15:38:32

As I mentioned on other thread, I got the cable jumper in white, flannel dress in off-white, fedora hat, tweedy navy skirt and a shirt. Everything was selling out so fast! Don't worry though, they'll probably do what they did last season which was sell things on a staggered basis so they keep coming in and out of stock. Looking forward to seeing it but don't expect to keep all of it.

I got something very similar to the Chester coat last year in navy and it's beautiful and still going strong. They're great clothes.

cardoon Thu 03-Sep-15 18:47:48

I went for this one

cardoon Sun 06-Sep-15 10:01:20

Well the jumper above arrived and I'm not sure - short in body, long in sleeve and sort of felted wool. I like it but just not sure - seems like good value, if it had been more expensive I would return it.....that means return it, doesn't it smile

Also got a brown leather belt which will definitely be going back - quite thin and hard.

anyone else got any reviews of the range?

verenti Sun 06-Sep-15 10:48:56

I ordered the cable jumper which arrived yesterday. I really like it. It fits well and looks good. I put it on straight away which is always a good sign!(Yes it was that cold here yesterday!!)

AliAliAlium Sun 06-Sep-15 14:46:12

I ordered a fair isle jumper and some (slightly silly) mittens. The mittens are fab - fleece lined, cosy. I'm keeping the jumper, but my thoughts are quite similar to cardoon's - it feels slightly felted, and is verging on too short in the body (and I'm only 5'3). It doesn't look great with jeans, but looks nice with a skirt. I'm really hoping it doesn't shrink any more in the wash though - even a tiny bit and it would be unwearable.

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 06-Sep-15 15:06:56

Will be interesting to see how well the jumpers wash and wear. I have not bought any of the ines stuff, just ordered a new ultra fine merino jumper instead to replace one which I've managed to rip a hole in. I love the merino, it washes so well not a hint of a bobble but other woolens I've had from Uniqlo have bobbled.

maybemyrtle Sun 06-Sep-15 16:35:32

They had everything in the Berlin store yesterday but I didn't buy anything.

They also had a J Brand x Uniqlo range of skinny jeans that I'd not heard of before, on offer at 40 euro down from a very ambitious 90. Again, did not purchase.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 06-Sep-15 16:49:17

The green corduroy jacket I ordered has gone back.

It seemed really big and slightly shapeless, sadly. Nowhere near as fitted as it looked online.

shins Tue 08-Sep-15 13:37:50

Verdict:

Cable knit jumper - horrid scratchy wool and quite stiff. No.

Fedora - cute but too small.

Flannel dress - lovely quality material and cut but better suited to someone a foot taller.

Check woolly skirt - quite lovely - think I'll keep.

Cotton lawn shirt - lovely. A keeper.

verenti Tue 08-Sep-15 13:43:24

shins - what colour cable jumper did you get? I got the cream and it isn't itchy or stiff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now