Waterproof boots that look ok too? Possible?

(18 Posts)
BlueEyeshadow Tue 01-Sep-15 15:52:59

I don't seem to have any shoes or boots that actually keep my feet dry in the rain. Is it possible to buy boots that are a)waterproof b) decent looking AND c) long-lasting? Nothing I've had lately has lasted more than one winter, partly because I seem to walk very hard on my heels.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 01-Sep-15 15:57:41

Merrell boots are great

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 01-Sep-15 16:26:13

I just got these
might not be your thing

But they are super warm and waterproof

UGG do a few non-ugg style boots that are waterproof etc they also have sheepskin liner I went with the Emalie ankle boots as they have a sturdy wedge heel and I can't do flats.

Got these in brown (also noted they were on the schoolgatestyle blog which pains me!)
www.google.co.uk/search?q=ugg+emalie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIuOH9v5XWxwIVAYHbCh3WsQBL&biw=360&bih=575#imgrc=u2iHhQhTA7c2CM%3A

NationMcKinley Tue 01-Sep-15 16:48:59

A friend of mine swears by Dubarry boots. Hers are lovely but they are £££. She's had the same pair for years though.

MarvinKMooney Tue 01-Sep-15 16:50:30

I second Merrell boots. There are some veritable bargains around at the moment. I've got these and they're half price on the sports shoes direct website.

pickwickcrocus Tue 01-Sep-15 16:54:11

www.soletrader.co.uk/timberland-stoddard-mid-biker-boots/t8606rst/?gclid=CJG10MSY1scCFSYUwwodij0ACQ

Recommended these the other day, I have two pairs and they are awesome. Timberland Nellies also recommended but I couldn't fit in them sadly.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 01-Sep-15 16:54:25

Marvin I nearly got those. I have worn my merrel oslos for years and they are still going strong, they are a wee bit too big so I have to wear a billion socks so I decided to splash out on a pair that actually fit

MarvinKMooney Tue 01-Sep-15 16:59:41

camping I've had the Oslos too! They lasted 4 winters before I finally agreed they'd had it. I did wear them a lot though. I think the style is discontinued now (a shame I think) but I did find some here. I do like them .... hides credit card

Paddingtonthebear Tue 01-Sep-15 17:04:42

Might not be your thing but I've got Cushe Alpine boots for mud and wet weather. They are warm, comfy and waterproof.

cressetmama Tue 01-Sep-15 17:32:20

Ilse Jacobsen wellies... good colour range, laced up at the front, reasonable warm lining, and much less expensive than Dubarry, although this does not make 'em cheap! One proviso is that the sole offers less traction than real wellies.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 01-Sep-15 17:47:20

Du array boots ar amazing but you need to be full on country living to carry them off

Notoedike Tue 01-Sep-15 17:52:37

www.aquatalia.com/about-us

I bought a pair for £200 in Russell and Bromley last year - seems i got a bargain!

FrustratedFrugal Tue 01-Sep-15 17:55:29

I've worn Ilse Jacobsens for many years, they keep my feet warm and dry and I love the short ones in olive green. They are a bit heavy though so for work outfits I am looking for slimmer boots - but haven't found the right pair yet. Waterproof chelsea boots preferably.

NationMcKinley Tue 01-Sep-15 18:53:11

Onlyhere ha! Yes I totally agree! That's kind of what my friend is trying to do despite living in Zone 3 wink

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 01-Sep-15 19:04:43

My niece is a poster girl for those boots. All horsey healthiness

Tangfastics Tue 01-Sep-15 19:44:10

Dubarry went downhill when they sold off the business.

If you want serious boots, look at meindl.

BlueEyeshadow Tue 01-Sep-15 19:46:07

Horsey isn't really my thing. I like the look of these though - thanks for the Merrell tip. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now