Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a new work look?

(5 Posts)
Koalafications Sun 30-Aug-15 23:22:23

Currently on maternity leave but going back to work in Jan and want to start shopping for my new work wardrobe soon.

I would like to have a smarter look at work, (our office has a casual dress code, but I want to smarten up a bit). Not looking to wear a suit everyday as most staff dress very casually.

I'm a size 10/12, 5'7 tall, 32/34F chest (so shirts with buttons don't work very well!) and I have an hourglass shape.

I'm not sure where to start or how I should dress for my shape.

Any advice would be appreciated. smile

Rockchick1984 Mon 31-Aug-15 01:01:22

I think you automatically look smarter by wearing a skirt or dress - nothing strappy on top, and a cardi or blazer over it if you need to. I'm not an hourglass shape I wish I was so no advice re style of dress!

SaltyGoodness Mon 31-Aug-15 09:38:10

I was very much in the same boat as you when I went back, I don't know what your budget is but I bought a couple of pairs of slim-fitting ankle length trousers from Banana Republic - £55 each and they look fantastic, really thick stretchy material and they make you look very pulled-together with brogues or heels or ballet flats.

I wear them with blouse type things from Massimo Dutti or Zara (if I can find XL in Zara for 32F norks!) or camisole + cardy or tshirt + soft blazer, unbuttoned of course. I hate structured blazers but have fallen in love with blazers made out of soft stretchy ponte type stuff - Massimo Dutti v v good for this too.

I'm not a huge fan of dresses but Hobbs are great, I can just grab a size 12 and know it will fit perfectly, don't know how they do it. I would never pay full price though, wait for the sales and look at the website which seems to have permanent sale. (whisper: Phase 8 has some great dresses too although for me it's a slippery slope from there to Per Unahmm)

Koalafications Mon 31-Aug-15 19:13:06

Thanks both.

Koalafications Mon 31-Aug-15 19:14:29

Salty do you have a link to the Banana republic trousers?

I know what you mean about Hobbs, I have quite a few items from there. I'm just getting frustrated with their increased use of polyester.

I really wish polyester would bugger off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now