How to remove Biro from pink leather?

(8 Posts)
Rhinosaurus Sun 30-Aug-15 12:11:20

Somehow I have got black biro pen marks on my favourite pink handbag, anyone had experience of this and getting them off? I don't want to damage the leather so decided to await the wisdom of S&B so haven't tried anything yet.

MyHeartsPumpingWine Sun 30-Aug-15 12:13:38

Baby wipe? I got ink on a tan leather bag and the wipe removed it I still use the bag and its fine.

MyUserNameIsHistory Sun 30-Aug-15 12:27:44

Hairspray - spray on, leave for a few seconds, wipe off. Et voila (hopefully)!

Rhinosaurus Sun 30-Aug-15 13:14:04

Tried the hairspray thing, as no wipes - it's definitely fainter, I will do it a few times and see if it removes it completely eventually. Thanks!

OurBlanche Sun 30-Aug-15 13:22:31

Also olive oil might be worth a go. But for biro I'd go with a patented ink lifter, check the manufacturers guidelines.

(Personally, I'd wouldn't advocate regular use of alcohol, hairspray etc as they will lift the finish off any leather. If you do use them apply via a cotton bud to minimise use and always try it out somewhere you can't see.)

However you get it off you will need to reapply a barrier, you usually get a cleaner and a cream with leather sofas, that stuff!

BeautifulBatman Sun 30-Aug-15 13:23:55

2nd baby wipes. But it does make you think wtf is in them, and are they safe on a baby's bottom?shock

quietbatperson Sun 30-Aug-15 17:12:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

seb1 Sun 30-Aug-15 22:00:41

This may sound strange but my go to stain remover is swarfega it has removed biro from a jacket and is fab on greasy marks on t-shirts, a little bit smelly but that disappears

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now