Talk

Advanced search

couple of culturally appropriate outfits needed

(4 Posts)
lurkingfromhome Thu 27-Aug-15 10:55:30

I'm going to a conference in a Middle Eastern country later in the year and need a couple of things to wear, I think (any excuse). The conference is not a dressy affair and it's daytime only so no posh dinners out etc but I'm aware that there are certain cultural conventions I need to respect. I think trousers and nice tops would be fine, though - certainly no need for dresses and heels.

The weather will be fairly warm (but not ridiculously so) so nothing synthetic and sweat-inducing. But it must travel well without creasing. Oh, and I'm taking hand luggage only so I don't want to carry too much - it's a two-day thing.

Thoughts? Am floundering a bit.

amarmai Thu 27-Aug-15 14:15:18

maybe a tunic style top with 3/4 sleeves with the trousers would fit the setting?

lurkingfromhome Thu 27-Aug-15 16:51:39

Longer top and trousers would be nice, I think, yes. But what trousers? I don't like linen trousers, white jeans not dressy enough, and I have a couple of pairs of utility-type trousers but they crease like a bastard.

amarmai Thu 27-Aug-15 17:09:02

I'm picturing silky -not shiny- wider leg trousers and longish tunic in a scarf print. They've come back from exile! There are very linen looking fabrics made from non crease poly mixes too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now