Talk

Advanced search

smart functional dog walking wellies THAT DONT EAT SOCKS

(5 Posts)
Chrisalice Thu 27-Aug-15 07:45:33

Or leak after a couple of months. But especially that don't drag socks off every few strides! angry

PacificDogwood Thu 27-Aug-15 07:47:15

Ha! I feel your pain.

I wear my Sorrell's without socks for that very reason - v warm and comfortable.
Also have high-gloss black Hunters which have held up fine so far (1 year) and don't eat socks.

Floralnomad Thu 27-Aug-15 07:51:57

Aigles are very good and last well , I've also got some Dublin country boots which are 2 winters old and are very lightweight and comfortable .

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Thu 27-Aug-15 07:53:37

Dunlops. Most practical, non leaky boots ive had.

The sock thing though....they're fine with 90% of my socks but some socks wriggle down. Ive decided it's the sock quality not the boot quality which matters for this problem.

Chrisalice Thu 27-Aug-15 10:26:11

Some socks are undoubtedly more suited to not ending in a bunch by the toes than others, but some wellies are definite munchers. To my dismay there are totally competing accounts of aigle parcours, some say the grippy bit at the heel intended to stop them slipping predisposes them to voracious sock sucking, others that they are the very dogs danglies.

Dunlops too flappy round my scrawny calves, and thus they slip at the heel with each step, so something snugger required. I do live in them most of the year so don't mind spending so long as they last.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now