Creme de la Crepe

(1000 Posts)
MrsSchadenfreude Sat 22-Aug-15 10:52:25

New thread...

GiddyGiddyGoat Sat 22-Aug-15 10:54:18

Nice one MrsS!

motherinferior Sat 22-Aug-15 10:56:46

Go you.

I have decided to stop worrying that I've been hacked; I could change every single login I possess but there are limits...

hattymattie Sat 22-Aug-15 11:13:47

Reporting for duty and a bit shocked about the Thalys train which DD1 takes quite regularly to see BF.

Rudy - hope DD is feeling a little more positive - much good advice from the Crepeys - agree that a new lippie always cheers one up. Very difficult ult situation though trying to celebrate one and shore up the other.

Beachy - so glad it seems to be working for DD although I would have been angry at the school for not making the age ranges clear.

Sudden very hot day from nowhere today - preparing to sweat it out. Will make a bit salad for lunch.

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 22-Aug-15 11:20:01

It is apparently going to be very hot today. I am undecided about what to do, and whether to go for a mooch along the South Bank or do something more adventurous.

DD1 has gone off to the charity shop where she works and DD2 is still slumped in bed.

MI - I thought the large Inferiorette looked fabulous in that black lace dress. The Kleine Schadenfraulein lamented its departure but as it didn't even cover her bum, it had to go. She was wailing yesterday about growing pains. I think she is tall enough and should stop now.

Rosebag Sat 22-Aug-15 12:15:08

Just had lovely 2 hour MU and chin wag with Beachy. Feel almost human again. probably because of two hours freedom from my lot

Think it'll be the beach again now. Too lazy for anything else grin

herbaceous Sat 22-Aug-15 12:16:07

It is the one sunny day of our holiday, so we are on the town beach. Along with every other bugger in the south west. Every so often some more boden-Utes arrive and invade out space with a metropolis of tents, sunshades, chairs, inflatables and bugaboos. Lots of 'loud parenting' going on. "Ollie. Ollie! come here for your cashews."

In fashion news, I am now sporting a pair of £6.99 red imitation crocs, and a £7.99 pair of children's sunglasses, as I left mine in the car.

CointreauVersial Sat 22-Aug-15 12:24:00

Red crocs? Oh my. grin

CointreauVersial Sat 22-Aug-15 12:33:14

Actually, I can't talk about style; I'm currently wearing one of those elastic-topped strapless beach dresses (charity shop, £2). I was doing a spot of vigorous laundry-hanging earlier, and looked down to find I was doing the full Judy Finnegan - nude bra in full view. Mmm, attractive....

BeachysFlipFlops Sat 22-Aug-15 12:39:23

Just had very sad message from WAF.... She's outside, looking in through the screen at us, but she can't post because.......SHE'S LOST HER BIT OF PAPER smilesmile

So could we all wave at her please? I'm imagining Dustin Hoffman in the church in The Graduate smile

Lovely double MU's and thanks for the new thread.

motherinferior Sat 22-Aug-15 13:03:30

Vigorous WAFWAVEgringrin

I am finding my approach of considering this a Writing Holiday is a good way of not shouting at my sluggish nearest and dearest too much. I've even cracked the Tricky Middle Sectiongrin.

Rudy, how's DD today?

bigTillyMint Sat 22-Aug-15 13:41:07

Hi WAF! Hope you find your bit of papergrin

It is scorchio in our garden. Perfect for our BBQ tonight!

Rudy, how's your DD doing?

Rosebag Sat 22-Aug-15 13:43:59

Lol at waf wave grin poor WAF
I am wearing a Boden sundress (daintily spilling a tuna salad Mayo roll down it...) on the beach, raybans and trekker sandals. I have never owned crocks. They would look like boats on my big feet. I am a bit of a princess cliche.

herbaceous Sat 22-Aug-15 13:45:09

Waves at WAF!

There is the ultimate crepey activity going on here, next to the beach - Morris Dancing. Your forgiving costumes, and the clogs look comfy.

Cremo Sat 22-Aug-15 14:49:32

Yo Waf! howyadoin? sorry about lost paper. it'll be scrunched in a pocket.

Hatty I thought of your dd when I saw that incident on the news this morning. Grim thought, and rather random too. The British press are making much of the American guys who brought the shooter down.

last day at work before hols. ( or ever perhaps) no-one can tell us the implications of the buy out for us.
Simultaneously I am having a contretemps on eBay over a 99 pence top I sold. Why the fuck are some people so histrionic? angry v hmm

Blackduck Sat 22-Aug-15 16:55:04

Hi WAF!

Herbs where were you? Dd and I did the beach at Stratford......

Blackduck Sat 22-Aug-15 16:55:49

Sorry Ds....
Was scorching...

Will go to eat later.

herbaceous Sat 22-Aug-15 17:49:30

My Facebook feed is full of people talking about how hot it is In London. While I stare out at a torrential downpour in Lyme Regis. The forecast for the week is similarly challenging. Still, there's aleays the donkey sanctuary.

hattymattie Sat 22-Aug-15 18:09:35

Herbs - have you done your French Lieutenant's Woman moody stare from the end of the Cobb yet? All the best people have imitation Crocs.smile

Hi WAF - hope you find your codes soonsmile <waves>.

Major drama as DD2 got together what was a pretty reasonable PS and hasn't pressed save or something and it's disappeared. Impossible to find it so she has gone out in tears whilst yours truly is trying to cobble together something reasonable based on her notes and old versions. She needs to go through it though as I can only do grammar and know nothing about biochemconfused.

Well done on the book progress MI - when do we get to read. I can even run it through my book club if you fancy.

bigTillyMint Sat 22-Aug-15 18:42:38

Oh Herbssad It is going to rain here tomorrow and onwards too. Hopefully it will magically dry up on Thursday for Reading Festival.

Hatty, I bet it's there somewhere. At times like this you need a Geek!

I have spent the day sunbathing prepping.

GiddyGiddyGoat Sat 22-Aug-15 18:46:40

Much sympathy Herbs re wet UK holiday... the East Anglian equivalent of the donkey sanctuary is the Otter Sanctuary. I've visited that in the rain more times than I care to remember in the last 10 years. The smell of mud mingled with fish lingers in the memory....

Hi WAF! <<Knocks loudly on glass screen>> YooHoo!

Well done on writing front MI!

Hatty, a Cambridge related question. College linen hire, yes or no? Gowns - ds1 has email with details of matriculation dinner- dress code includes academic gowns - is he meant to buy this before he goes? When he gets there? Or what? All help very gratefully received and any tips welcome...

Settling down to a g and t on the sofa now. Bliss.

CointreauVersial Sat 22-Aug-15 19:00:54

Sorry Herbs - it has indeed been scorchio in the south-east (although it has gone ominously purple-skied now). DM came over to show us her Canada holiday pics, and we sat in the back garden all afternoon eating ice lollies and putting the world to rights.

LOL at WAF, unable to answer back!! <blows raspberry> wink

Crem - forgot to say, sympathies on being "sold off". You are in the same boat as DH, who has a whole year to wait until his eventual fate unfolds. Still, the TUPE regs protect you to a large extent.

Had a slightly plaintive phone call from DS (still in Wales), who had taken himself off from GF's family for a walk along the cliffs. He said he "needed a break, as there isn't a moment to yourself", and "I sort of miss home; well my bed really", and "it's hard when you spend every waking hour with someone". Erk! I sincerely hope there isn't trouble in paradise, as GF is spending the week with us in Holland. It's the longest DS has ever been away, and even DD1 is missing his "banter".

MontserratCaballe Sat 22-Aug-15 19:06:34

Thanks for the new thread MrsS. Great title.

Herbs, I feel your pain. It had rained solidly since Wednesday here and I am soooooo annoyed. We went to a country pub today and it was fab but just too wet. Everything is damp, and not in a good way. Am wistfully thinking of my original holiday plans, which involved returning home today the. Flying to southern Italy for week 2. It won't be pissing with rain there.....

Glad your writing going well MI. how is Dd feeling now, Rudy? And how are your folks doing this weekend Rose?

envious of your meet ups ladies. Is the next London one 26th sept?

CointreauVersial Sat 22-Aug-15 19:07:13

GGG - I can respond from an Oxford p.o.v (and I presume Cambridge is much the same) - gowns were purchased soon after arrival, as there are several shops in the town all equipped to kit out new students. Different types of gown depending on whether you were a scholar or commoner. Ones for the latter were very disappointing floppy sleeveless affairs.

MontserratCaballe Sat 22-Aug-15 19:09:00

Btw, Herbs, can thoroughly recommend aquarium at end of Cobb where you can feed the fish from your hands, together with the crazy golf near the Mark Hix resto. Not a patch on Morris dancing or pretending to be meryl, but you get my drift smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.