Which Serum? LCP Redermic R or Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

(5 Posts)
SimLondon Fri 21-Aug-15 09:33:25

I've seen both of these recommended as reasonably priced serum's, do they both do the same thing? does anyone have a view as to which is best?

SimLondon Wed 26-Aug-15 14:42:13

bump?

FreeButtonBee Wed 26-Aug-15 14:55:16

They are very different. I have both but use for different things

LRP is a retinol which renews your skin but can cause redness and flaking and will cause sensitivity to UV. Use it on bare clean skin, pea size amount over whole face, start with twice a week and gradually build up to every other night depending on how your skin copes. Moisturise about 20-30 mins after use to allow the retinol to work. Always use sun screen next day.
Hylamide is just a hydrating serum. whack it onto clean skin morning and night and then put moisturiser over the top. I really like it and find it plumps my skin nicely (albeit temporarily!) enough to repurchase it despite the price. Would like to find something cheaper that does the same job but haven't found anything yet.

SimLondon Thu 27-Aug-15 10:20:51

ah cunning, I've bought the Redermic but didn't realise you needed to wait before moisturising afterwards - many thanks.

burnishedsilver Thu 27-Aug-15 10:26:14

I use hylamide in the morning and redermic r at night. They're both great products. I've found I don't need to moisturise at all on top of the redermic r. After reading a few articles I've realised that I was over moisturising. I didn't find redermic drying but my skin did look a bit worse before it got better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now