Talk

Advanced search

If you were a Next Relaxed Skinny Jeans kinda gal...

(12 Posts)
GreyBird84 Wed 19-Aug-15 15:20:00

Before they changed the material into shapeless crap, what do you wear now? Need new jeans desperately but nothing expensive as I am still losing baby weight one year later

Onlytimewilltell Wed 19-Aug-15 15:31:31

Try their skinny jeans or cigarette jeans??
Relaxed skinny are too baggy.

ouryve Wed 19-Aug-15 15:38:16

I'm struggling, too. I want some more light denim ones, as my Next ones have got stretchmarks where the lycra's given out around the pockets. I've noticed that their selection of jeans is much smaller this season, too.

I've found some nice shape and flatter type skinnies in M&S, but they're black and quite close fitting so no good for summer. I tried some "slim" ones on in a dark blue, but the short were too short in the body for me and the medium too long in the leg and still didn't hang right below the knee if I turned them up. I also struggled with the button on them, so would have ended up never wearing them. They were still close fitting in the thigh, which is why the looser bottoms looked odd on me.

burnishedsilver Wed 19-Aug-15 15:42:06

Try Gap girlfriend jeans.

nothanksbyenow Wed 19-Aug-15 15:44:12

I'm with you- they're awful now! I wish I'd bought 10 pairs back when they were good. So far I've tried sainsburys relaxed skinny- little too tight on my thighs. Didn't like the fit of m&s jeggings, or oasis jeans. I've bought a couple of pairs of skinny jeans from Hollister that fit nicely, but that's as far as I've got. Fat face did a nice straight leg but I haven't tried their latest range.

GreyBird84 Wed 19-Aug-15 17:27:36

I find the normal skinny ones too tight at my stomach & thighs.
Cigarette look nice but I think they'd be too short.

I have a pair of oasis jade but they give me really bad muffin top but I loved the colour. Stupid!

Will give hollies get a try. DP have 20% off denim can anyone recommend a style from them?

GreyBird84 Wed 19-Aug-15 17:28:27

And gap - thanks!

Crutchlow35 Wed 19-Aug-15 18:44:07

I got a pair of the cigarette ones. Looked fab on for about an hour and then expanded so much they fell down. I had to return them.

Lindsay81 Wed 19-Aug-15 21:24:25

I have always struggled to find good skinnies that keep their shape and also liked the original Next ones.

However, I splurged on French Connection and will never change now. The quality is excellent, they're so comfortable and soft and they keep their shape while still looking like jeans and not leggings. Going back in for a black pair this weekend (I've got grey already).

PrimalLass Wed 19-Aug-15 23:28:11

I have four pairs, as I wear them every day. But they are all falling apart. I have three pairs stashed in the next size down, bought from the clearance bit. I just need to lose weight ...

BarbaraTheIncredible Wed 19-Aug-15 23:30:13

Another vote for Gap Girlfriend jeans.

PrimalLass Wed 19-Aug-15 23:35:32

Some of the new styles at Lansd end look ok, but £60 is a lot more than relaxed skinnies cost.

www.landsend.co.uk/jeans/co/jeans.html

Next have removed all evidence of the 'gone bad' relaxed skinnies (the reviews were all 'WTF happened, these were great'). Maybe they will be better again.

www.next.co.uk/g83218s3#393341g83

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now