Talk

Advanced search

Good pixie / chin length hair cut inspiration?

(3 Posts)
misssmilla1 Tue 18-Aug-15 16:00:23

I need some help in guiding my hairdresser! I'm based in the US, and they don't 'do' a lot of short hair as many people keep it long and bouncy / blowdried.

I've always veered towards shorter hair and finally had my hairdresser get my short cut down pat and now she's moved to the other side of the country sad My new guy is up for the challenge but I think (and this is based on other hairdressers here too) is a bit afraid of going too short.

I currently have an about chin length bob style which is not really me as my hair grows really quickly and there's a lot of it, so styling it is a bugger, plus I don't think it really suits my face shape.

I have an appointment next week and need to go in armed with some pictures of something that I want, but am drawing a blank of who to google / show for this.

Ideally I'm after:
- Something shorter than chin length
- Something that can cope with a quick grow out and still keep the style, or an approximation of it until the next cut (my hair grows long and fast, and whilst it's not thick, there's a lot of it, with a bit of a kink unless i dry and straighten it)
- I think I'm after a fringe, or a bit of one. Bob style doesn't suit me (imo) as I have a roundish face and biggish forehead. However, every fringe I've had cut in, makes me look like a serial killer!
- Something that can cope with the possibility of starting to grow my ever increasing grey stripes out (although that's a whole 'nother experience here)
- Something that's not a really blunt or feathered cut

Any hints / ideas / tips?

Milllii Tue 18-Aug-15 16:16:43

Could you post a photo so we can see your face, hair colour etc?

Blueberrymuffint0p Tue 18-Aug-15 17:57:05

Google anh co tran. He's an amazing hair dresser-look, just search images of 'anh co tran pixie' and you'll see some amazing cuts. He does fantastic bobs and waves too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now