Talk

Advanced search

Is this too white for a wedding?

(6 Posts)
Perplexd Tue 18-Aug-15 03:49:10

SIL is tying the knot at a registry office St the weekend. We will then go on to a meal.
Is this dress too white?
http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5499056&CTARef=Basket+Page&CTAref=Basket%20Page

Thanks in advance

AGirlCalledJohnny Tue 18-Aug-15 03:56:19

No I don't think so and I'm pretty square about what is ok to wear to a wedding. AFAIK the rule of thumb is that no-one could mistake you for the bride, ergo, no all white/cream but it doesn't apply here. Go for it, it's gorgeous!

Giraffeseyelashes Tue 18-Aug-15 04:08:13

I don't know. It might be ok for a big poofey white wedding but for a registry office wedding, it looks a bit bridal imo - it's the kind of dress that someone who doesn't want a traditional wedding dress might wear to be married in a registry office if you see what I mean...

BeautifulBatman Tue 18-Aug-15 05:12:37

Not at all, that's a lovely dress.

midnightvelvetPart2 Tue 18-Aug-15 08:47:59

Ooh that's a difficult one! I agree with Giraffe that if the bride is in a meringue it would be fine but if she is in something less weddingy such as a white fitted dress in a similar length then it may be too white.

You would need coloured accessories not metallics & maybe a coloured cardi/jacket/shrug just to emphasise the non whiteness of it.

It s a lovely dress but on reflection I would probably choose another one. Plus it may just be me but I find the placement of the blue flowers a little odd/mingey...?

Dowser Tue 18-Aug-15 09:13:51

Beautiful dress. I would be happy for you to wear it at my wedding but that's me. I don't sweat the small stuff.

Anyone can wear what they like at my wedding. My son is coming in shorts for eg.

I think you will look lovely in it and the bride will look like the bride ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now