Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Flats/ballet pumps for interview?

(6 Posts)
Midori1999 Mon 17-Aug-15 21:44:48

I have an interview tomorrow for a job in a call centre. I'm wearing a black shift dress and either all black jacket or black jacket with white trim.

Shoes I have either black courts but they're very high (maybe 4" heel) or some nude courts with a 2.4/3" heel, or black ballet pumps in a smartish style. My friend says to wear the flats. Is this ok?

Dynomite Mon 17-Aug-15 21:50:47

Yeah, I'd go for the flats too. Very high heels don't always look professional enough and you risk walking funny too.

Spiegelei Mon 17-Aug-15 22:05:50

Absolutely. I've done lots of interviewing this year for public sector trainee professional finance roles and I couldn't tell you about the shoes that any candidates - male or female or succesful or not - wore.

If it helps I was wearing black ballet pumps whilst I was interviewing.

scatterthenuns Mon 17-Aug-15 22:07:31

Yeah flats are fine. Even in the most professional of circumstances, you'd get away with it. The call centre won't mind a jot.

Midori1999 Mon 17-Aug-15 22:17:15

Thankyou. Flats it is then. smile

Spiegelei Mon 17-Aug-15 22:26:44

Best of luck! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: