Talk

Advanced search

Smart Black Trousers

(7 Posts)
porkerchops Mon 17-Aug-15 11:10:44

I'm updating my wardrobe and I need a pair of smart black trousers but need some advice/guidance.

Until recently I was wearing black bootleg trousers as my smart trousers but had a sudden realisation that they were like my school trousers and looked very very 90s blush

I have black skinny jeans which I roll up to just above the ankle which I can wear with more casual-type tops.

But I'm after a pair of smart black trousers. I like straight, quite tight legged, that are quite high waisted, sit just on the ankle with a little split at the ankle. Do these even exist?!

Please help me MNers- I need to make my wardrobe more 'mature'

domesticslattern Mon 17-Aug-15 11:25:42

Pure have some in their sale

Fayrazzled Mon 17-Aug-15 12:26:05

I have these from Hobbs in navy and beige, but they also come in black. I would say they fulfill the brief although I wouldn't say they are tight-legged. They are washable but do need pressing (if that bothers you).

www.johnlewis.com/hobbs-london-ava-trousers/p1175451?colour=Navy

porkerchops Mon 17-Aug-15 12:27:13

Fayrazzled They're nice but a bit too wide legged at the bottom and a bit too high above the ankle. Fussy

Fayrazzled Mon 17-Aug-15 12:31:26

More like this?
bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=904793582&vid=1&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=false&sdkw=sloan-fit-slim-ankle-pant-P904793&sdReferer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

Fayrazzled Mon 17-Aug-15 12:32:40

Or this?

www.jigsaw-online.com/products/jersey-tailoring-zip-trouser-11484

porkerchops Mon 17-Aug-15 15:07:34

Oh yes, both of those area lovely.

However, I do worry that I'm a little too young for that style. I'm 29. What do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now