Talk

Advanced search

Footner - some questions

(13 Posts)
VamonosPest Sun 16-Aug-15 21:35:26

I used footner last Wednesday, I have soaked my feet the last couple of nights and the bottom of my feet and my toes have gone very scaly. It all looks very tight and stuck on still though. Does the skin come off on its own or do I need to give it a helping hand - moisturiser? hacking with scissors or something? Thanks!

Ohanarama Sun 16-Aug-15 21:39:29

No! Leave it be. The dry, scaly phase is the precursor to the peeling. It will happen when it's ready. I believe if you apply moisturiser this can prevent the peeling so definitely don't be tempted to do that! Will be worth it in the end smile

VamonosPest Sun 16-Aug-15 21:46:02

Thanks! Would wearing socks at night help or hinder??

StealthPolarBear Sun 16-Aug-15 21:47:53

It would help contain the shed skin
<shudder>
Never again

Olivo Sun 16-Aug-15 21:49:06

I am on day 8 of footner and it was only yesterday I moved from scaly to peely. Absolutely dont use moisturiser, but soak feet if poss. I have an evening bath and have spent 20 mins picking hits off tonight! Patience, the peel will come! I have been wearing trainer socks and pumps, that has helped.

VamonosPest Sun 16-Aug-15 21:52:13

It's so gross isn't it Stealth shock

Thanks Olivo. So do you have to pick the peel or does it just do it on its own? Sorry for tmi, am actually making myself feel sick!

Olivo Sun 16-Aug-15 22:06:04

It will do it itself, but when bits are flapping, I do gently pull them off, or give them a rub in the bath, or after with a rough towel.

I lurve footner, grimly fascinating!

VamonosPest Sun 16-Aug-15 22:20:36

When bits are flapping shock grin It's just grim isn't it!

MelonMelonMelon Mon 17-Aug-15 06:21:01

I'm in the end stages now, and as everyone else says- it'll peel on its own. I felt like it would never peel, but boy do they! grin My tip would be- if you have a shower (that's in the bath) put the plug in so that you can soak them that way.

Olivo Mon 17-Aug-15 14:00:11

Yes! The flapping is the grimly best bit!! grin

VamonosPest Mon 17-Aug-15 16:13:58

Oh my, it's started! I am at home today and have been totally ignoring the DC as I cannot stop picking at my feet. It is utterly grim but totally addictive shock

Happy36 Mon 17-Aug-15 16:43:55

Why did I open this thread? Boaking but have only myself to blame.

In awe of those of you brave enough to do this.

VamonosPest Mon 17-Aug-15 17:31:42

Happy gringrin

I now have a patch of skin on the sole of my foot that's so smooth I keep slipping on my tiled floors!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now