Talk

Advanced search

If you have a bunion where did you buy your last pair of fancy heels?

(7 Posts)
Eminemily Sun 16-Aug-15 19:45:48

I need some for a wedding in October and am getting desperado for some posh heels, which look fashionable, budget around £100. I thought I found some in Kurt Geiger but then realised they were just too bloody high. Where did you get yours please...?????

Kennington Sun 16-Aug-15 19:49:59

Marks and Spencer's!!!

LIZS Sun 16-Aug-15 19:53:51

M and s foot glove and I got the most painful blister ever on my bunion which until then had been fine. Only wore them a few hours too angry have braved them since with assorted gel pads for cushioning.

Eminemily Sun 16-Aug-15 19:57:30

Uh M&S - I took a look recently while shopping the sales for my baby girl but was NOT impressed with designs or quality (plus I was literally the youngest one looking at the shoes by about 10 years)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 16-Aug-15 20:08:08

Honestly - is it really worth the pain for one day?

<<Podiatrist here>>

High heels'n'bunions just don't go together.
Neither do very flat unsupportive ballet type for that matter.
There is a happy medium. If you really want a fancy shoe then something with a 1" maximum heel and a rounded toe box.

I spend weeks dressing blisters that turn to ulcers when my patients (okay most are Diabetic and/or older) decide to wear a pair of "decent shoes" for a wedding or funeral, and cause problems.

Steps off soapbox .

Eminemily Sun 16-Aug-15 21:07:06

Ha ha 70isalimit I know what you mean but I do actually have a couple of pairs of heels I can wear with my bunions if only for the day - finding them was pure luck and I wondered if anyone had found a brand I had missed... I'm happy to wear a kitten heel and saw some in Russell and Bromley but they were just too uncomfortable as tight on the bunion

VillaVillekulla Sun 16-Aug-15 21:13:19

Some Clarks styles work. Try their wider fittings to allow more room at the toe joint. And look for softer leather that has more give. You can get a silicon thing in Boots which hooks over your toe and gives some padding/protection. Avoid anything too high that pushes all your weight on to the front of your foot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now