Talk

Advanced search

Stuck in a style rut! Need a night out outfit!

(11 Posts)
Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 13:48:58

I'm stuck in a style rut, and need to make more of an effort with my outfits. At the moment I feel dull and scruffy and frumpy.

I have a night out, just a pub crawl so nothing too fancy, coming up with dh soon and want something nice to wear. I am getting my hair cut into a long bob (I had a thread about that) on the same day so want a new outfit to set it off perfectly and to begin to get out of this rut!

I'm a size 18, big boobs and belly and I like to have my upper arms covered. Nothing too fancy, maybe heels although I would prefer flats I think.
I like to dress a bit vintagey, or a bit boho but with class. I rarely wear jeans as they never seem to fit me right!

Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 13:49:52

Ah posted too soon!

Ideas for outfits, inspirations, links to clothing items will all be welcomed! Thank you in advance

Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 15:18:18

Shamelessly bumping grin

Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 21:21:42

Anyone?

fiorentina Sun 16-Aug-15 21:32:46

How about some cullottes and a funky top? Can be worn with a long sleeve top. Or fitted black trousers a plain top and a kimono style jacket, perhaps better with heels but could also be with funky flats? Are you on Pinterest, have a play around searching for ideas and then look on the high street?

Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 21:35:40

Thanks, I think culottes would look ridiculous on my stumpy legs!

I am on Pinterest but all the looks I love are on slim bodies and I can't envisage the same effect on me hmm

Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 23:05:00

http://www.lauraashley.com/uk/invt/tr086

I love these trousers, anyone have any ideas what I could wear them with?

RavioliOnToast Mon 17-Aug-15 16:02:08

I've a friend this shape who wears skater skirts and a funky floaty blouse type thing tucked in. wear with sandals? and chunky jewellery grin

FauxFox Mon 17-Aug-15 18:14:44

playsuit maybe with tights and flats?
70s maxi
zip front polo dress - love this!
black dress
cold shoulder dress
boho jumpsuit
kimono playsuit
green lace skater
shorts top and fringed jacket
Deliberately linked some more interesting things to see if you fancy anything totally different smile

fiorentina Tue 18-Aug-15 15:37:36

Why not order loads from ASOS and have free returns on what you don't like. You may be surprised? I'm sure you look a lot better than you think in some of these ideas..

Lj8893 Tue 18-Aug-15 15:57:35

I won't have the time or money to order lots from Asos, even if I'm sending some back!

I love some of those Asos items, but just can't see them working on me without looking a bit messy and frumpy. Play suits and shorts are a big no no!
I love the boho jumpsuit but would need something covering my arms and then I think it would lose the effect and look messy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now