Talk

Advanced search

Brighter coloured trousers when a pear - yes or no?!

(4 Posts)
MrsPear Sat 15-Aug-15 20:50:30

I have by my own admission a larger bottom and thighs esp. compared to top half. So classic pear. I have therefore always gone for darker colours black, dark grey and navy. Even jeans are dark rinse! But I am getting bored. I keep looking at red trousers! Will I look even more out of proportion? And the whole red trouser thing - can you carry it off without looking daft? I

Any body shape can wear bright colours.

But I'd say that the key is to encourage the parts you like the least to be less visible.

So for example if you want your hips to be less visible I would not wear something that accentuates them too much and would also wear something that shows off your best parts iyswim.

squizita Sat 15-Aug-15 22:40:19

If you balance the red with a bright or matching item with width/shape round the shoulders it should work - for example a jacket, shrug or long sleeve top with neck/shoulder detail. If you want to slim your hips, some wide leg trousers offer a softer shape than skinnies (but I tend to be of the "be the shape you are" camp and just make sure clothes fit well).

sksk Sun 16-Aug-15 17:02:46

Any tips on some good basic everyday/work trousers that look smart for pear shapes? Am having problems since having DC 2 years ago!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now