Talk

Advanced search

Back to work wardrobe

(3 Posts)
WhatWouldCaitlinDo Sat 15-Aug-15 20:44:46

I am going back to work in November after 4 years either in maternity wear or on maternity leave. I'm nervous about all the normal stuff like childcare, but also terrified by the thought of my work wardrobe.
What is fashionable work wear now?! I don't even know where to look for work clothes, I keep looking on Seraphine as I'm just so used to getting everything there...

I am a size 8 and work in corporate PR, so our office is smart but not dull.

Ideas would be much appreciated.

Kennington Sat 15-Aug-15 21:19:59

When I went back after May leave the following have served me well.
7/8 slim trousers from COS or whistles or uniqlo
Silk shirts and t shirts
Merino wool knits
One or two structured cropped Blazers, from Zara
Ankle boots from Marks and Sparks
And other stories for bags and scarves and more fashiony stuff.
For me the colours are black, snakeskin, navy or leopard print, but I am trashy-ish!

Oly5 Sat 15-Aug-15 21:22:47

I'm just returning to work after mat leave and have picked up dresses and separates in Jaegar, Hobbs, Banana Republic, Boden and Reiss.
As long as you have well-fitting trousers, some nice tops and jewellery you will be fine. I'm in the media and meet PRs a lot and they all wear smart separates.
I've gone for lots of black and navy, with the odd bright top or scarf and some nice jewellery.
Check out the new Hobbs Bess bracelet and necklace in gold. Just bought them (not to wear together) and they smarten everything up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now