Talk

Advanced search

Going out clothes trauma - please help......

(5 Posts)
GreatSoprendo Sat 15-Aug-15 16:01:25

I have a dinner out with friends coming up, and also a weekend away in London (woo hoo!) so a few nights out - but my wardrobe is full of workwear or toddler-friendly jeans and tshirts.
Where should I look online for good going out stuff that is 'nice' but not over the top? Good returns is a must so I can over order and return.
I think I'd like couple of tops to wear with skinny jeans, and maybe a dress. I'm 40-ish, size 12, with a tummy that I'm trying to hide but thin arms from carrying my lazy toddler everywhere.
Grateful for any help. I have trawled the web for 2 hours so far today sad

FauxFox Sat 15-Aug-15 16:41:39

mint velvet wrap
warehouse layered
biba gold
biba studs
warehouse feathers
warehouse red
french connection cami
Almost Famous white
Therapy floral vest

GreatSoprendo Sat 15-Aug-15 17:54:11

Fantastic! Thanks so much Faux - am looking up all of those now and will report back.....

Kennington Sat 15-Aug-15 21:25:44

Try and other stories - chic stuff. Not too expensive. I have a lot of silk shirts from there or uniqlo that disguise mummy tummy!

Oly5 Sat 15-Aug-15 21:29:57

I'm a similar age and most of my going out tops come from Reiss and French Connection. All looks bland on the website though, best to pop in store if you can

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now