Talk

Advanced search

Changing bag rucksack

(17 Posts)
Helgathehairy Sat 15-Aug-15 14:01:37

I'm going to New York with two year old DD (and DH) in October. We just did a weekend trip and my shoulder hurts from dragging the changing bag around so before we go away I'd like to find a rucksack style one.

I'd prefer a changing bag rucksack to a normal rucksack because I like the compartments to keep things organised.

Any ideas?

amarmai Sat 15-Aug-15 16:00:40

Maybe worth checking in an outdoor store as hiking backpacks have many compartments.

GreatSoprendo Sat 15-Aug-15 16:12:18

I've just switched to a rucksack for 2 year old as a change bag - got a great one from Mountain Warehouse really cheap. It has lots of pockets - big flat laptop pocket is a perfect fit for my folding change mat and a couple of comics. It's got drinks bottle pockets on the outside, and a couple more inside pockets where I've stored snacks etc.
I decided we would get more use out Of a regular rucksack, as hope to be done with nappies within next 6 months.

GreatSoprendo Sat 15-Aug-15 16:15:23

This is the one I got - a bargain and really comfortable to carry on your back.
www.mountainwarehouse.com/rucksacks/rucksacks-backpacks/daypacks/falcon-20l-p12565.aspx?cl=RED

Helgathehairy Sat 15-Aug-15 16:30:02

That one looks great great. Looks like that's the way to go. Would never have thought of outdoor type shops.

BikeRunSki Sat 15-Aug-15 21:58:39

I had a link{http://www.amazon.co.uk/Caboodle-Active-Black-Changing-Bag/dp/B0006H596Cwww.amazon.co.uk/Caboodle-Active-Black-Changing-Bag/dp/B0006H596C\A Caboodle changing bag rucksack.}Loved it so much I bought another one when I had my second baby.

hookedonamoonagedaydream Sun 16-Aug-15 08:30:56

I use those zip top stationary wallets to keep nappies and other stuff in, that way you can turn any bag into a changing bag and still have loads of water proof pockets.

I also have one of these which is really handy (I didn't pay as much as that for it though, I got and 'old' colour in the sale).

eurochick Sun 16-Aug-15 08:33:30

I have a pacapod change bag rucksack but for what you are describing I would go for a normal rucksack. I got one from Blacks recently for work that has loads of compartments. I think it is an Osprey (not the cheapest but it is right for what I need it for).

pocketsized Sun 16-Aug-15 08:43:24

I second the skip hop roll up thing that hooked linked to. We have one of them and it's great because you can dump it in any other rucksack (with plenty of space for shopping) but still find all the changing things quickly and easily. I also pop it on a tiny rucksack to wear when I have DD in her sling.

MsSampson Sun 16-Aug-15 09:36:06

I was on an eternal quest for a decent changing rucksack, but ended up buying a nice Herschel one and a load of zip up waterproof bags from Amazon to use as internal compartments - one for each child, one for snacks, one for sun stuff etc. Makes it v easy to transfer to a different bag if you want to

avocadotoast Sun 16-Aug-15 09:41:55

I have this: mobile.eastpak.com/uk-en/backpacks-c120/padded-pak-r-double-denim-pEK62082D+00+999.html

I didn't buy it as a changing bag but it's easily big enough to chuck everything in. We use cloth nappies which take up more room than disposables and there's still room for those as well! Plus the pocket on the front is really handy for stashing baby hat, dummy, phone, anything else you need quickly.

Helgathehairy Sun 16-Aug-15 13:28:55

i like tha skip hop thing. my current changing bag is Skip Hop brand and I think it's great.

Bike That link isn't working. When I search on Amazon for caboodle rucksack it's bringing up a babymule rucksack?

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Aug-15 14:06:20

Sorry Helga, the link was meant to be to a Caboodle Active Cross Body rucksack changing bag. Out of stock on Amazon though, and a quick Google sugguests that they are no longer made.

squizita Sun 16-Aug-15 15:42:21

If you like compartments you can get bag organisers off Ebay for under a fiver.
A revelation. .. now any bag is a neat baby bag. Though for some reason I still use a Cath Kidston one which looks like a bloody changing bag. Duh. grin

squizita Sun 16-Aug-15 15:45:04

...oh and primark have "swimming costume bags" which make ideal zip up water proof nappy bags for a couple of quid too.

Scarydinosaurs Sun 16-Aug-15 15:51:51

I have a pack a pod one- absolutely love it.

Helgathehairy Sun 16-Aug-15 16:11:01

I'm actually liking the babymule rucksack on Amazon. Seems a bit big though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now