Talk

Advanced search

What do we think of Ash trainers?

(12 Posts)
CambridgeBlue Sat 15-Aug-15 07:56:50

Not the wedge ones I hasten to add but something like the Virgins (buckled high tops). I live in Converse but they're not that practical in colder/wetter weather. The Ash ones look better and there are some good sale bargains to be had but will I look a bit 2010 (or whenever they were popular) or like an ageing rock chick?!

FurbysMakeSexNoises Sat 15-Aug-15 12:52:25

I'm on my second pair which are a light snakeskin high top with buckles. Size down as the leather loosens. I prefer them to converse/Superga as they have a bit more style and you don't bump into someone wearing similar very often. They last really well- last pair at least two years before replacing. Softer and comfier than ankle boots but similar look.

I think if I was buying another similar pair I'd consider some brightly coloured trainers but depends on what look you're going for?

Sorry I've waffled- is that what you were wondering?

CambridgeBlue Sat 15-Aug-15 16:42:00

Yes definitely, they're pricey even in the sale so it's good to find out as much as i can about them! I'm very tempted...

Thanks smile

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 15-Aug-15 16:42:57

I love my black leather virgins, would buy them again

stripytees Sat 15-Aug-15 16:48:53

I love mine but the leather is really soft, definitely not rainy day footwear.

FurbysMakeSexNoises Sat 15-Aug-15 17:00:10

I've worn mine multiple times in the rain and they're fine- just if there's a deluge wellies would be better.

AmethystMoon Sat 15-Aug-15 18:57:34

I have the grey sheepskin Ash Vannas, they are sooo warm and comfy. A real winter alternative to the more summery converse/superga.
I wouldn't wear mine in rain but cold yes.
Great quality, but in sales for a better price.

Drivinghomeforchristmasornot Sat 15-Aug-15 19:00:11

Love my virgin high tops. I'm on my third pair in 6 years and they get worn pretty much daily from autumn-spring.
Slightly wider than converse which is good for my trotters.
Leather is gorgeous and soft.

Coastingit Sat 15-Aug-15 19:25:00

Oops some just fell into my basket. Easily influenced tonight <eyes gin>

I got 50% off the ones I've been eyeing for years, so hopefully a Kondo worthy purchase.

Twinkie1 Sat 15-Aug-15 19:35:05

I have 6 pairs. I love them and wear nothing else through autumn and winter. Most certainly worth the price tag.

Where did you get 50% off??? wink

Coastingit Sat 15-Aug-15 19:35:49

Brand boudoir.

CambridgeBlue Sat 15-Aug-15 20:01:28

Yes that's where I was looking and I was considering the shearling lined ones, they sound so snuggly but much more stylish than a pair of Uggs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now