Talk

Advanced search

Please help, my legs are sore n itchy

(17 Posts)
MissMiss1 Fri 14-Aug-15 23:02:23

On and off for the last year I've been getting sore, bumpy itchy legs. I can go weeks without any symptoms, where they are smooth but then it flares up n they become sore.

It starts with them feeling tender n itchy. When I touch them they are bumpy n sensitive. And as the day goes on they get worse

They are now driving me mad

What can I do ?
Would a really grainy scrub work? Or just leave them? Or a salicylic acid serum?

I'm at a total loss sad

ginmakesitallok Fri 14-Aug-15 23:03:06

Flexitol

MissMiss1 Fri 14-Aug-15 23:10:15

Flexitol, what is that?

dontcallmelen Sat 15-Aug-15 00:10:05

Miss me too, fine for a couple of weeks then, unbearably itchy & sore I was beginning to think I have some mad itchy disease.

Wolfiefan Sat 15-Aug-15 00:11:13

Do you need to see a GP? Could it be eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis?

PurplePoppy17 Sat 15-Aug-15 00:16:08

I get eczema and hives...I get this on my thighs. It flares is every so often. I waited 8 months to see a dermatologist and it was a complete waist of time. No creams work. Usually hot baths make skin conditions worse but with mine it helps. Especially if you put some bicarbonate of soda in the bath with no bubble bath. Hope it goes away soon smile

Indecisivejo Sat 15-Aug-15 02:40:26

When my skin went through a phase like this the only thing that helped was Clinique deep comfort body butter (one in tub)

BumWad Sat 15-Aug-15 03:34:58

Heat rash or hives?
Not sure why gin is suggesting flexitol!?

You need to use unperfumed products, and wash in oatmeal. Aveeno is good. Scrubbing it will make it worse as it sounds like a rash.

I currently have a heat rash and it is so very uncomfortable. I feel your pain. Have got Dermol cream and hydrocortisone from my GP. I also take an antihistamine.

MissMiss1 Sat 15-Aug-15 09:30:14

Thank you ladies, it's nice to know I'm not the only one

Am going to try to get some Aveeno today, have heard about that becore

mrsdavidbowie Sat 15-Aug-15 09:32:56

Eucerin do a moisturiser for itchy skin

ZacharyQuack Sat 15-Aug-15 10:44:04

Aveeno skin calming cream in the tub with a blue lid is good for soothing itchy skin.

FabULouse Sat 15-Aug-15 11:05:36

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Karbea Sat 15-Aug-15 11:13:08

I used to,get this a lot, often when a bit stressed.
My skin was also dry.
This summer since I got back from hols in May I've been religiously moisturising every day and it's not reoccurred, so,I think mine was just dryness that flared up frequently.

MissMiss1 Sat 15-Aug-15 12:53:34

Thank you ladies for your help
They are still bad today, so sensitive n bumpy
Am off to boots to have a look for some Aveeno and will start religiously moisturising

cressetmama Sat 15-Aug-15 16:54:59

I get it and feel the discomfort. Sometimes products touch it off. Agree that Aveeno body lotions are comforting, so is Bioderma Atoderm Intensive, but the most important for me is an antihistamine tablet (any sort) that stops it itching while I get on top of the moisturising again. And Sudocrem is brilliant at night, but messy.

MsBojangles Sat 15-Aug-15 17:25:32

I get odd mad itching too sometimes, Epsom salts in the bath seem to help calm everything down.

MissMiss1 Sat 15-Aug-15 22:17:21

I've been and got some Aveeno, it's nice to be able to use something that doesn't set them off, so thank you for that recommendation

I might try a salty bath, would that sting?
Also sudocrem, what an iconic product that is. I might try that on the really bad areas over the aveeno

I'm just so aware of them, I hate it, they just look all bumpy n I'm convinced other people can see it to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now