Talk

Advanced search

Naked Palette recommendations....

(20 Posts)
thecherryontop Fri 14-Aug-15 19:36:13

I was just about to treat myself to the Urban Decay Naked Palette, which I've wanted for ages, when I saw that they have a smokey one now!! What to do? Anyone tried the smokey one and favour it over the original?

GrimDamnFanjo Fri 14-Aug-15 21:38:03

Generally speaking it seems 1 is good for warm complexions, 2 for cooler, 3 is pinkish...
I have 2 and 3. I love the quality and am tempted by Smokey but to me it seems less of a daytime neutral palette.

southeastastra Fri 14-Aug-15 21:39:19

i have the original and pinky one and the original one is used daily. haven't seen the smoky one yet! would recommend though they last a while and blend well.

XiCi Fri 14-Aug-15 21:45:05

I wouldn't bother. Was talking about this with a friend yesterday and both agreed how disappointed we were with the Naked palette. The shadows are awful, end up all over your face and the pigmentation is truly shit. One of those products that's so overhyped. The Too Faced palette is so much better.

swisscheesetony Fri 14-Aug-15 21:46:23

Blue eyes blond here and 2 was the only one without too much orange. It's perfect.

Couldashouldawoulda Fri 14-Aug-15 21:52:42

I saw the other day that there's a dupe for this on Amazon with loads of really good reviews. I'm going to try it. Less than a fiver. It's called W7 palette - in the buff! Just a thought...

midnightvelvetPart2 Fri 14-Aug-15 21:56:55

I've cool pale skin, brunette red/brown dyed hair and hazel eyes.

Naked 1 is ok, I like Toasted as a neutral daytime shade. Naked 2 is my favourite. I wear it every day and it's great. I've bought Suspect as a shadow on its own as the palette one ran out. Naked 3 sounded good on paper but i gave it away in the end as the pinkness round my eyes made me look ill.
I'm tempted by Smokey but probably won't as the shades are very dark and I won't use it up smile

thecherryontop Fri 14-Aug-15 22:04:02

Just saw on Amazon that the w7 also has a smokey version so may try the buff one and the smokey one but try it with the urban decay primer -eyeshadow always creases on me and I've heard good things about the primer.

thecherryontop Fri 14-Aug-15 22:04:29

Ps thanks all for the info and tips winethanks

Annarose2014 Fri 14-Aug-15 22:05:48

I have 1 & 2 and then whilst I liked the look of the N3 I thought it was a lot of money for a palette of pinks so I got the cheapie W7 one instead. Huge difference in the feeling of the eyeshadows of course but who cares? Its one you wouldn't use everyday.

I'll probably buy the W7 Smokey copycat when it comes out too, but unless you wear a smokey eye every day of your life, the real one isn't worth it, imo.

I use something out of 1 or 2 every day but I don't mind glittery shades. If you do, then the Naked line isn't for you.

LibrariesGaveUsPower Fri 14-Aug-15 22:06:34

I have Naked 2 and quite like it, but find I don't use a lot of the colours.

I also have the basics palette, which is brilliant. A handful of matt shades. Doesn't feel so indulgent, but waaaaay better value for me as I use all the colours

DogWalker75 Fri 14-Aug-15 22:13:46

I have the w7 lightly toasted and in the night. They're really good, especially for a fiver. I've heard so many bad things about the urban decay ones.

TeresaGiudicesForehead Sat 15-Aug-15 10:11:41

I use the nake basics palette every day and for my night time makeup. It suits my eyes best as it has matt colours which are better for slightly hooded eyes.
And they blend well.

jasmine1979 Sat 15-Aug-15 15:09:20

I have naked 1 and 2 and think they are both really not worth the money. Very overhyped by bloggers in my opinion. The basics palette however is fantastic and much better quality with no fallout at all. I use it a lot.

I recently bought a couple of the Zoeva palettes and I far prefer them. I was really surprised as wasn't expecting much from them. They are about £15 each and the colours are beautiful. smile

www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/zoeva/cocoablendpalette/
and
www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/zoeva/naturallyyourspalette/

MsBojangles Sat 15-Aug-15 17:34:28

This one, XiCi?

Too Faced

I'm v. tempted, it looks fool proof!

WhereAreMyDragons Sat 15-Aug-15 18:17:34

I have blue eyes blonde hair and palette 2, it's amazing. Quite shimmery though, so for daytime have a maybelline nudes palette (10 shadows I think) and also a Soap and Glory nudes (4 shadows). perfect.

Dukketeater Sat 15-Aug-15 19:27:08

I have UD N 1, 2 & 3 and I have the dupe by Revolution of N3 which is only £6. There is no difference in how long they last on me. I'd say get all three from Revolution (who are currently on 3 for 2) as it'll be much cheaper and just as good

BlueberryMuffins76 Sun 16-Aug-15 07:55:39

MUA in Superdrug sell palettes which are pretty much a dupe for Naked. I have both Naked 2 and Undress me Too (mua) and there's very little difference. Go for the cheaper and practice/figure out what you like and then go for the Naked if you want slightly better quality in the long run, that's what I did grin

XiCi Sun 16-Aug-15 15:48:56

It's the chocolate bar one I have MsBojangles. Smells of chocolate too smile

MsBojangles Sun 16-Aug-15 18:21:22

Thanks, I might order that one too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now