Talk

Advanced search

I need help finding clothes on a budget!

(15 Posts)
KateBeckett Fri 14-Aug-15 13:56:57

Heeeeeeelp!

I have recently konmarie-d my wardrobe, and gone from loads of clothes I was mostly indifferent to, to hardly any clothes that I really like. Yay!

But, even though I now enjoy wearing all of my clothes, I feel like I'm wearing the same outfit over and over because I've been left with so little, and I want to expand a bit.

My main problem is budget- we are currently buying a house and having to pay for some car repairs, so do t have a lot of spare cash - would you lot advise getting a few very cheap pieces that will probably die quite quickly, or 1 thing every few months?

Also, I'm not great at the whole style thing. I don't know where to find the things I'm going to love! Any suggestions?
I'm 5'4/5" and a pear shape - 10 on top, 12 on bottom with a v generous arse grin

The thugs I have been left with seem to be mostly dresses, but o seem to have very formal ones or very casual ones and hardly any I could wear to work (teacher, at a primary school but our dress code is 'formal office hmm )
I love tea dresses, they really suit my shape, I also like skirts but hardly own any!

Sorry this is so long, I am desperate for some help as I want to love everything I wear! Suggestions of shops to look in or styles I might not have thought of wills be greatly appreciated! flowers

chanie44 Fri 14-Aug-15 14:24:18

I'd buy 1-2 items you love rather than loads of things you don't as that kind of defeats the purpose of kondo-ing in the first place.

Id start by working out what gaps you have in your wardrobe and filling those first of all. Many shops are getting their autumn stock in, so I wouldn't buy anything for summer.

I've replaced my wardrobe over a period of about 5 years and I made a lot of mistakes along the way, so I recommend taking it slowly.

chanie44 Fri 14-Aug-15 14:32:38

Sorry forgot to add....

I get all of my basics from uniqlo as the quality and prices are really good. The clothes aren't exactly high fashion, but it works really well with some nice accessories.

I love the jeggings and jersey tops.

nottheOP Fri 14-Aug-15 14:40:31

I think that Dorothy Perkins is great for Jersey dresses that you can wear to work.

Just last season also has some really good bargains on work dresses www.justlastseason.co.uk/flippy-hem-lfl-dress/060032158.html?cgid=JLS_ClothingDresses&dwvar_060032158_color=0216

New Look is good for tea dresses
M&Co can have some good bargains (in amongst the old lady stuff)

Zorion Fri 14-Aug-15 14:57:03

Lots of shops have eBay outlets - French connection, Boden, joules are ones I've used

KateBeckett Fri 14-Aug-15 15:11:16

Thanks guys!
I'd not considered new look or eBay, will have a look now grin

LoloKazolo Fri 14-Aug-15 17:09:00

LK Bennett
French Connection
All Saints

all 99p on ebay

QforCucumber Fri 14-Aug-15 17:11:56

I wholly recommend eBay, just bought 2 blazers and 2 pairs of good branded jeans on there for under £25 for all.

Mangobubbles Fri 14-Aug-15 17:15:26

Try Apricot for dresses too. Hope you find some lovely things.

CointreauVersial Fri 14-Aug-15 18:19:57

Do you have any decent charity shops nearby?

The ones near me are getting better and better, and I'm restocking my wardrobe with all sorts of as-new goodies for very little money.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 14-Aug-15 18:22:30

Sainsburys has some nice stuff in.

QforCucumber Fri 14-Aug-15 21:18:59

mango thanks for the apricot recommendation - I just spent my bonus oops!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 15-Aug-15 00:21:31

Go to the Asda and buy 3 dresses for £14 each.
One washing
One drying
One wearing
They're lovely elegant fantastic quality and brilliant value for money

KateBeckett Sat 15-Aug-15 10:05:35

Thank you for all the recommendations!! Lots of places I'd never thought to try. I will come back and let you know how I get on star

LavazzaLover Sat 15-Aug-15 23:31:43

Are you a fan of Primark? I went today and got a blazer for £15. Black, ideal with leggings/jeans and heels or plimsolls. Plus super skinny jeans £10 dress for £5. Handbag for £5.

Loads of nice scarves and accessories to be had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now