Talk

Advanced search

Where do you shop for clothes online?

(8 Posts)
MabelBee Fri 14-Aug-15 10:33:56

I'm 40, just emerging from 4 years of baby chaos and really struggling to find my style. I've never really been an avid shopper but what I used to do is go onto ASOS, trawl through loads of clothes and get an idea for how I wanted to look, either buying direct from them or from high street shops to achieve the look. Now I'm stuck. I go onto ASOS and the clothes are just weird. I can't do bare midriff, boxy shirts, high heels and tracksuit bottoms. There seems to be so many shell tops and they make me look really frumpy. So I'm stuck for inspiration. I'm only looking for casual everyday clothes as I don't work, so I can't understand why I'm finding it so hard!

Where do you shop online? I have champagne tastes but a budget for homebrew.

burnishedsilver Fri 14-Aug-15 11:17:23

House of Fraser - good mix of brands and prices.

MabelBee Fri 14-Aug-15 16:50:31

Thanks! I just find it quite hard to be inspired by their website though because I don't know what I'm looking for. I've been trawling the web all day on and off and haven't yet found any new websites that grab me. Just don't have a style in mind. I suppose I will have to bite the bullet and actually go shopping in person...

MabelBee Fri 14-Aug-15 16:54:14

Or maybe it's not an actual shop I'm after. Maybe it's a blog or something. For inspiration. Cover me, I'm going back in.

DinosaursRoar Fri 14-Aug-15 19:13:28

I felt sort of similar and started a "trends for autumn winter 15" thread on here, I kind of need to know what I'm looking for now I can't really get into shops an spend time trying on looks, seeing what they have put together on mannequins or seeing what fashionable types are wearing. Last year I found myself slipping into a uniform of skinny jeans, long sleeved T-shirt and floaty scarf and wanted to avoid again, although not sure I've got that much better ideas from that.

Will go bump it to see if the Friday night stylish types have ideas!

MabelBee Fri 14-Aug-15 20:20:49

Ooh, I'll have a look for your thread, thanks. So far I haven't really found a blogger who is as casual as I am. They seem to be heels and skirts, which I'm not really down with.

DinosaursRoar Fri 14-Aug-15 20:23:57

Try "does my bum look 40 in this" blog - someone recommended it on another thread. She's leggier and richer than me, but wears flat shoes and things I could reasonably do the school run in...

MabelBee Fri 14-Aug-15 23:19:04

Ah, very good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now