Talk

Advanced search

Right, Mavens! I need your help! Hair dilemma.

(9 Posts)
stevienickstophat Fri 14-Aug-15 08:50:51

I've booked highlights this morning and I'm leaving for the salon in 90 minutes.

Thing is, I haven't got the foggiest what to have done.

My problem is this.

I have a pixie cut, which I like, and everyone says suits me. I think it does.

However, I recently let all my colour grow out, so am currently au naturel, which is a faded natural ginger, with a tuft of grey at the front (which can't really be seen. But I know it's there, the bastard).

I was going for blonde highlights, to give texture etc, but am currently losing weight, and having seen a photo of myself taken last night, I'm now haunted by visions of Pat Butcher hmm

So, I thought reddish highlights - but then I'm worried about looking like a mum on a hen night. Or a Finnish granny.

Help. Please. shockhmm

stevienickstophat Fri 14-Aug-15 08:54:47

Shameless bump!

stevienickstophat Fri 14-Aug-15 08:58:30

Anyone?

Please?

<desperate>

PacificDogwood Fri 14-Aug-15 09:03:26

stevie, bumping for you - it's the least I can do, as I don't really know what to suggest.

I am currently growing colour out, brunette and some grey is not really a flattering look though hmm. My hair is the longest its been for years (bra-strap) and I am hankering after a pixie but am not brave enough just yet.

Could you ask for lowlights instead? Several shades of golds and coppers?
I hope a Style Guru will be along soon.

Wishful80smontage Fri 14-Aug-15 09:03:59

Have you got a picture?
I would avoid blonde highlights on really short hair so it depends on the length.
Would you have an all over colour?

stevienickstophat Fri 14-Aug-15 09:07:28

Thanks for replies!

I would have an overall colour - have done it before in red, blonde and brunette.

I hated the blonde - it killed my hair.
Red is nice, but the upkeep is a pain and I can't help but feel it's a bit unflattering and ageing at 41.

Brunette I liked, but again, it looks pretty false as my colouring and eyebrows are very pale.

Don't really want to post a pic (shy)

stevienickstophat Fri 14-Aug-15 09:08:41

I just feel my natural colour is flat.

It just needs...something.

Sorry, I'm not very helpful.

PacificDogwood Sat 15-Aug-15 00:18:44

How did it all turn out?
Hope you're happy with the result.

stevienickstophat Sat 15-Aug-15 07:24:52

Apart from inadvertent tit-grabbing, it went fine thanks.

I got some very natural highlights. Not a whiff of Pat Butcher smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now