Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stylish and Beautiful casual everyday shoes / trainers for people with completely snookered lower backs who can't wear flats and break ankles in heels?

(16 Posts)
Chicinwellies Thu 13-Aug-15 23:11:51

Advice appreciated . Have heard a few brands discussed with cushioned/raised soles but have yet to find something that doesn't look best in a retirement complex.

calamitySloeGin Thu 13-Aug-15 23:39:07

you need en brogue

calamitySloeGin Thu 13-Aug-15 23:44:44

Oh. You can't wear flats blush

Ignore me!

chezbot Fri 14-Aug-15 10:01:08

Have you tried a pair of MBTs? I've a knackered back also and swear by them. TK Maxx sometimes have cheaper pairs and you can get good deals online but do get into a shop and try a pair as the sizing can be a tad erratic. Fit flop leather trainers also v good

Behooven Fri 14-Aug-15 10:09:51

Gabor Haven, walking on puffy clouds. I have 3 pairs in different colours. Def not "retirement complex" smile

Petal02 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:11:15

What are MBT's?

burnishedsilver Fri 14-Aug-15 10:29:13

Have a look at the fit flop website. They have a large range and some designs are much nicer then you'd expect.

chezbot Fri 14-Aug-15 10:43:53

shop.mbt.com/uk/

FrancesOldhamKelseyRIP Fri 14-Aug-15 10:47:56

When you say "can't wear flats"
Is that just ballet flats with no heels whatsoever? Would you be OK with loafers or brogues with a half inch heel?

FrancesOldhamKelseyRIP Fri 14-Aug-15 10:48:36

I love my MBTs but by no standards are they stylish/beautiful

specialsubject Fri 14-Aug-15 11:27:54

no-one should wear ballet flats unless a ballet dancer. You need about a half to one inch heel for correct support. And not platforms, unneccesary weight.

good luck finding shoes like that though...

FrancesOldhamKelseyRIP Fri 14-Aug-15 11:33:14

Oh come on special. The shops are full of brogues and loafers.

polyhymnia Fri 14-Aug-15 11:38:33

Fwiw my excellent physio says people with bad lower backs should steer clear of MBTs which are very much aimed at 'destabilising' your posture while walking. Thinks Fitflops are OK though.

Chicinwellies Sat 15-Aug-15 15:17:50

Thanks all - research to be done!

specialsubject Sat 15-Aug-15 16:01:02

I've got size 8 feet. No point in brogues or loafers, look like boats, rub feet, heavy, expensive and no more elegant than trainers which do none of those things.

smart shoes without fugly high heels - if you've got a shop full of those, point me at it!

specialsubject Sat 15-Aug-15 16:04:31

repeat: size 8, Euro 42. Not size 7 and squeeze your toes in, a real size 42. Shoes with a bit of grip on the sole, a normal 1 inch or less heel, no stupid bows on the front, black, not patent, no heel tabs (rub) and able to be re-soled and heeled.

like wot they used to sell. And not £60 a go either.

if you know of some, I'm listening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now