Talk

Advanced search

Do you use the nozzle bit of your hairdryer?

(22 Posts)
lucysmam Thu 13-Aug-15 19:29:01

I'm practising blow drying my hair properly but am all fingers and thumbs when it comes to the nozzle - I can't get it to go the way I want, when I want confused

Do I necessarily need it? Does it get easier to work out where to point it?!

Any tips would be greatfully received! smile

Getuhda348 Thu 13-Aug-15 19:42:26

No I don't. I watched that hairdresser on this morning once and he said you shouldn't use it!! Can't remember why though confused

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Aug-15 19:44:57

Yes of course! How would you direct the air otherwise?confusedgrin

DrHarleenFrancesQuinzel Thu 13-Aug-15 19:45:49

No, its quicker not to for me. Also I dont use the dryer to style my hair, just to, well dry it. I run over my hair with straighteners when dry.

lucysmam Thu 13-Aug-15 19:46:32

oh, that's interesting Gethuda, I shall have a google.

lucysmam Thu 13-Aug-15 19:47:10

grin Dame, good point! I can't get it to bloody go the way I want though confused

lucysmam Thu 13-Aug-15 19:48:09

DrH, that's what I usually do but I want a bit of oomph to my hair this weekend since the person who was going to put it up has let me down sad

SwedishEdith Thu 13-Aug-15 19:52:08

Yes, makes a difference for me. I still blast all over to get it mostly dry but direct it so points down the shaft. Use the medium heat, not the hot. I suspect the hairdresser might be concerned about using very hot heat directly onto the hair? Then just use a bush towards the end to, ahem, "style" it - which just consists of making sure the fringe doesn't go into horns and the ends and various, random layers are curled-ish.

SwedishEdith Thu 13-Aug-15 19:53:33

*brush not bush - that's what my hair looks like sans hairdryer.

BabCNesbitt Thu 13-Aug-15 19:54:00

I frequently look like I've used a bush to style my hair. sad

lucysmam Thu 13-Aug-15 19:56:43

Well, atm, there's zero concern about me getting any sort of hot air actually onto my hair Swedish! It's all over the bloody show!

Wonder if a bigger brush would be easier to aim for?

SwedishEdith Thu 13-Aug-15 20:03:26

Yeah, you need 4 hands to actually do your own hair!

jellyjiggles Thu 13-Aug-15 20:06:55

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. If I style with I use the nozzle to smooth it out. If I dry I tend not to bother.

hashtagwhatever Thu 13-Aug-15 20:10:56

You should try this op, it's real easy to use as the barrel rotates and the brush smoothes the hair so leaves it swishy.

And I use the nozzle it directs the hair and stops the ends being burnt and becoming frazzled.

lucysmam Thu 13-Aug-15 20:20:54

What is it hashtag? Not that I have the spare cash this weekend but for future use...

I have given up. I'll just dry it & run the irons over it at some point on Saturday & it'll have to do as it is. Too much faffing about grin

hashtagwhatever Thu 13-Aug-15 20:30:12

It's called a instyler, it works really well.

How about curling it with bobby pins over night?. And just running your fingers through it the next day to create waves.

lucysmam Thu 13-Aug-15 20:32:56

I tried curls at the end of last week - I looked like a fraggle sad

I'll have a look at the Instyler for future use, thanks for that.

& will stick to what I can manage for the weekend grin . I've spent all week trying to do it, it's just not meant to be <sigh>

RaisingSteam Thu 13-Aug-15 22:42:39

I line the nozzle up with the handle, so I always know which way it's pointing. I then dry may hair in sections with the nozzle pointing down toward the brush like this

lucysmam Thu 13-Aug-15 22:48:52

That's what I'm trying very hard to do! I just can not for the life of me co-ordinate myself to do it hmm Maybe it's the mirror that's putting me off.

I might get a bigger brush in the morning and have one last attempt when I get in without the mirror.

MsJuniper Thu 13-Aug-15 22:53:10

I have a Parlux and I have to use the nozzle or it really tangles my hair. It took a while to get used to but is fine now.

Also have the BBH for styling, love.

hashtagwhatever Thu 13-Aug-15 22:53:52

Are there any local colleges near you?

They charge around £5 for a blow dry, sometimes nothing.

lucysmam Thu 13-Aug-15 22:56:43

There is one in town - I'll not have time to go though sad

I'm helping dress the reception venue tomorrow after a quick nip into town, and then have my girls to sort (bridesmaids) on Saturday morning before the wedding.

I'll figure something out - just ever so slightly frustrating that I can't get to grips with this after a whole week of trying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now