Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What do those of you with rosacea use?

(20 Posts)
Indecisivejo Thu 13-Aug-15 19:14:26

Title says it all really, I'm starting to think I have this as my skin randomly burns and goes bright red and am getting more and more sensitive! So what do you use?

mrsdavidbowie Thu 13-Aug-15 19:17:30

I have pustular rosacea which flares up in heat or stress. Luckily have only had one manor flare-up this year.
I use Dermalogica ultra calming wash and La Roche Posey moisturiser .

LIZS Thu 13-Aug-15 19:19:42

Micellar water from garnier seems to have helped. Tried ab and metrosa gel to some effect.

Indecisivejo Thu 13-Aug-15 19:22:24

Mrsdavidbowie which la Roche cream specifically do you use? I actually use the dermalogica ultracalming wash so would be interested to know which cream works for you too. Also why do you use la Roche and not dermalogica for moisturiser too?
LIZS I've tried micellar waters but they don't tend to agree with me

mrsdavidbowie Thu 13-Aug-15 19:48:22

I use the hydraphase light... Been using it since May and is good.
I used to use Dermalogica agesmart moisturiser but am on a budget following divorce!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Aug-15 19:58:01

I use aqueous cream or E45 wash to double cleanse then Allergenics/ Aldi restorative cream or E45 cream to moisturise. Skin has never been better.

YourBubzYourRulzHun Thu 13-Aug-15 20:06:33

I use any Micellar water and I found Pai serum on offer a few weeks back so that at night time. La Roche Posay in the day at the minute but in the chemist I saw a new cream, Sequarderma I think it was called so I'll probably buy that next.

YourBubzYourRulzHun Thu 13-Aug-15 20:07:21


TheRealMaryMillington Thu 13-Aug-15 20:12:36

If I'm having a bad flare up (rare), I usually get anti-bs from the GP and it works really well. The topical gel is a nightmare and just dries my skin out.

Day to day I use Kiehls skin rescuer, if I have a minor flare phase I invest in some Avene anti-roujeurs day cream and the "fort"/strong formulation as treatment.

Indecisivejo Thu 13-Aug-15 20:23:03

Arrrrrgh this is so hard sad

Dukketeater Thu 13-Aug-15 20:41:34

I get Rozex from my GP. Its fab.

gegs73 Thu 13-Aug-15 20:45:12

When I get flares ups I use Metrogel prescribed by the GP. It is a gel you apply to the affected areas. I put it on in the evening as soon as I feel the burning/tingling/spots and by the next morning it has usually calmed down before it gets bad.

mrsdavidbowie Thu 13-Aug-15 20:46:18

I've had both metrogel and rosex... Rosex better

Dukketeater Thu 13-Aug-15 21:15:12

I had metrogel and it burned my skin, actual chemical burns, was horrendous shock

Indecisivejo Thu 13-Aug-15 21:20:32

I'm looking for a day and night moisturiser

mrspuddleduckreturns Thu 13-Aug-15 21:28:08

Sudocrem seems to calm it for me and I use E45 as a moisturiser.
I only use the sudocrem at night as i find i look a bit too pasty for the daytime.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 13-Aug-15 21:29:54

Cetaphil, both the skin wash and the moisturiser.

foxmitten Thu 13-Aug-15 21:32:54

Countess where do you get Cetaphil from? I've been looking and can't find it anywhere.

AlisonBlunderland Thu 13-Aug-15 21:35:31

Boots do cetaphil

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 13-Aug-15 21:40:35

Occasionally I have found it in Boots but mostly online (some random seller on Amazon).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: