Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What's the verdict on tm lewin for women?

(8 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Thu 13-Aug-15 18:25:11

We went in there today and bought some very expensive suits for dh and I was quite drawn to one or two of the women's items - a navy dress for example and not too expensive at all.

I've never been in before or really heard of it

What is the verdict?

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 13-Aug-15 18:26:27

I like TM Lewin.

Nice quality, good designs, wash and wear well.

trilbydoll Thu 13-Aug-15 18:28:16

I like it, don't need to be that smart any more though. Shirts need ironing, I used to beg DH to do them for me!

foxinsocks Thu 13-Aug-15 18:29:54

I find their sizing a bit odd

I have some shirts that fit me perfectly and some that are massive. I have one jersey from there which is tiny. I think you need to try everything on that you want to buy

foxinsocks Thu 13-Aug-15 18:31:13

I walked past Reiss a week ago and they had some lovely (women's) suits in their window. Classic lines and colours. The shirts at TM Lewin are good quality I find. I haven't had one fray or have a button drop off yet.

SweetAndFullOfGrace Thu 13-Aug-15 18:42:52

TM Lewin sizing is really odd. I like it conceptually but have bought and sent back a lot because it doesn't fit me - gaping shirts, too much room around the waist, not enough room around the hips etc (bearing in mind that brands like Hobbs usually fit me for similar tailoring). I think if you were more apple shaped with narrow shoulders it would be better.

MotherOfMinions Thu 13-Aug-15 18:57:52

Good quality but try before you buy!

HermioneWeasley Thu 13-Aug-15 19:30:51

I've got a lovely suit from there - years on it still looks like new

For shirts, I prefer Hawes and Curtis

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: