Talk

Advanced search

Neither stylish nor beautiful -walking trousers anyone?

(9 Posts)
Ladylouanne Thu 13-Aug-15 17:41:52

Can anyone helpf me in my search for walking trousers that aren't so wide I can fit two legs in one?!

I am a size 10/12 and if I gain weight I definitely am more of an apple than a pear. I could so with some trousers that are high waisted (most don't seem to be so they sit on my stomach) and a slim fit in the leg as e erything I've tried just flaps about.

I have the same question about waterproof trousers which are event worse.

Thanks for any help

gonegrey56 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:47:12

Fjallraven (Norwegian or Swedish company) make great slim leg and flattering ones . Go online for UK stockists or I had mine sent direct to the UK ( which was cheaper bizarrely). I am afraid they are expensive but wear well and I do a lot of outdoor holidays/walking . They are high waisted too and fit me perfectly .

Ladylouanne Thu 13-Aug-15 17:53:09

Thanks gone grey, I hadn't heard of that company so will take a look.

Having tried on lots of cheaper pairs, I have resigned myself to having to shell out a bit for these!

TawnyPippit Thu 13-Aug-15 19:37:38

<whispers> I have some gunmetal grey ones from Patagonia. I bought them in quite a cool Patagonia shop in Vancouver and I think they are technically called rock climbing pants (which also makes me feel better about them), but they are definitely walking trousers.

I think that is important as you need to have a brand you feel good about for something a bit tragic like this. I know it's not the most exciting thing to spend money on, but I guarantee you if you get a cheap brand like Peter Storm, a little part of you will die every time you even think about them, let alone wear them.

ThoseAwfulCurtains Thu 13-Aug-15 19:42:41

I'm hankering after these:
www.rohan.co.uk/Womens-Trousers-for-Outdoor-Use-Trailblazers-Convertible

cathpip Thu 13-Aug-15 19:45:05

I am now a complete convert to full length running tights for walking, so comfy esp after you have spent an entire day out on the moors grouse beating.

Ladylouanne Thu 13-Aug-15 20:13:20

Thanks for all these ideas, I've have a good look.

Laughing at the idea of me sitting in the car in my Peter Storm trousers, too miserable to walk anywhere!

RaisingSteam Thu 13-Aug-15 22:49:45

Craghoppers kiwi stretch are really good although they are a straight cut they are slim round the top

these

gear for girls are quite choosy about their range - Prana are very nicely cut

Waterproof trousers a lost cause IMO unless you get water-repellent normal trousers. Overtrousers are universally awful as far as I can see.

RaisingSteam Thu 13-Aug-15 22:52:18

here just blow the budget! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now