Talk

Advanced search

Shampoo for dyed brown hair?

(7 Posts)
squigglehead Thu 13-Aug-15 10:16:48

I'm fed up of shampoos stripping out my dye and ruining my lovely colour! I used to used John Freida Brilliant Brunette years ago, is that still good? Does anyone have a recommendation for a shampoo/conditioner for coloured hair that doesn't cost the earth? My hair is long and wavy and easily tangles if that makes any difference!

I used to use the brilliant brunette when I dyed my hair brown,loved the smell of it! Also occasionally used henna shampoo which could bring out highlights.

The best shampoo I have found for coloured hair though is Aussie Colour Mate. I've been dying my hair intense copper red for a couple of years now (now about to go back nearer natural colour,eek!) and it didn't fade like dyed red hair normally fades, while using it

squigglehead Thu 13-Aug-15 15:58:21

Ah excellent, thanks smile yes I remember it smelled kind of chocolatey?? But I can get Aussie Colour Mate in my Tesco shop so shall try it out.

It's very regularly on offer in Tesco too, on 3 for £10 smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 13-Aug-15 22:23:34

My best keep-your-colour tip is when you dye it (I do home dye) rinse well and condition after but don't wash your hair again for 48-72 hours.

I have to wet my hair every day but I don't shampoo it daily.
Really helps the colour to take.

Definitely! And don't go swimming the day after/same day too blush

Which, stupidly, I'll be doing again this year!!!

GaryBaldy Fri 14-Aug-15 05:28:48

My hair smells bad very quickly if not washed, no way could I go 72 hours without washing sad.

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now